Is this too much flow

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my davinci clowns just finished qt yesterday. They are in my 125 gallon with 2 jebao cp 150 cross flow pumps and 2 nero 5 pumps. Is there anything as to much flow for the fish to handle or will they adjust to the new environment they are in. I know in the ocean the flow does not stop, so im thinking they will adjust and be ok. Just looks like they may be struggling. Looking for opinions. https://youtu.be/MY73PGUkmkc

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can swim fish to death with huge flow. Also, the currents in the ocean tend to be variable not unidirectional, ebb and flow over the tides. Fish in the ocean will find areas where the current isn't to overwhelming.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When it becomes impossible to grab/obtain food, its too much flow. Coral should be waving in the water, not bent over.

OP
OP
C

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like tiny guys trying to get close to the rock to not be in direct flow. That's a lot of action from your listed pumps. IMHO, id be turning them i
They look like tiny guys trying to get close to the rock to not be in direct flow. That's a lot of action from your listed pumps. IMHO, id be turning them down.
Ok. Im going to turn the pumps down and see how they do. Thanks

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back