Is this worth the effort??

Gilbert50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at local LFS....what is going on with this Emperor Angel??

4FDA38AC-37D7-406A-A675-7DCA3A2B1F89.jpeg 22CAE1DE-21FD-4DD5-9F7E-E369F9507CA2.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to try and save this guy?? What treatment to start with??? Thanks!!!
First it has to survive the ride home. Its stressed out enough as it is. But I would get it into qt and immediately start running a broad spectrum antibiotic such as NFG or General Cure. And in the event it is HLLE some food containing garlic soaked in vitamins.

Reef-Tank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It could be brooklynella and black ich use Formalin-ms baths are typically used for the treatment of brooklynella and black ich. In a separate dedicated container, fill with water from your display. Use a 37% formaldehyde solution use (brand name Formalin-ms) at 20 drops for each gal of water. Be sure to aerate the bath water using a small pump that is dedicated for use in treating fish diseases. Place infected fish in the bathe for 45 minutes, every other day, 3-5 treatments.

OP
OP
Gilbert50

Gilbert50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get him?
It could be brooklynella and black ich use Formalin-ms baths are typically used for the treatment of brooklynella and black ich. In a separate dedicated container, fill with water from your display. Use a 37% formaldehyde solution use (brand name Formalin-ms) at 20 drops for each gal of water. Be sure to aerate the bath water using a small pump that is dedicated for use in treating fish diseases. Place infected fish in the bathe for 45 minutes, every other day, 3-5 treatments.
Thank you!!

OP
OP
Gilbert50

Gilbert50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First it has to survive the ride home. Its stressed out enough as it is. But I would get it into qt and immediately start running a broad spectrum antibiotic such as NFG or General Cure. And in the event it is HLLE some food containing garlic soaked in vitamins.
Thank you! The store decided to pull him and treat in their hospital system. Hopefully he makes it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back