Is UPS the best carrier for live coral/overnight shipping now?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about trying to ship for some time now. I see FEDEX has really gone downhill lately. My recent coral order came in from UPS and it was on time and the package looked well taken care of.

That got me wondering if they are the go to now? Does anyone have a good method, or online place that does discounts for shipping with UPS through them?

Thanks

Matt

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Say far, far, far away from Fed Ex right now. I have no clue what there issue is, but they're a joke. UPS has been good to me lately.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure how they are handling overnight shipments . YMMV
Yeah I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to risk livestock with any of the vendors right now. I see much less complaints about UPS currently than FedEx, but maybe that has to do with the majority using FedEx. Seems risky, so if I pull the trigger it's gonna be with pieces I have multiple backup frags of.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. All of the issues I have had with fedex are the 2 day shipping or standard ground. All of the overnight orders from them have been fine. UPS is fantastic as usual

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fedex overnight aka FedEx Express is technically a separate entity from Fedex Ground so ymmv as well.

muffinmanXL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx has been atrocious over the past several months. 0/2 thus far on online coral orders shipped via FedEx overnight (1 day delay and 2 day delay, enough to wipe out the corals) and 2/3 with UPS over the past 4-5 months. Our LFS has been stuck in FedEx logistics hell with inventory shipments as well. I go out of my way to request non-FedEx / avoid vendors shipping via FedEx until they get their **** figured out.

Latest metrics have FedEx lagging far, far behind UPS and USPS in on-time deliveries

Screenshot 2021-11-25 153312.png

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back