Is your Reefwave 25 / Hung at one speed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing in, the below thread, to help others

So I literally just bought a reefwave25 from Redsea, yesterday. Set it up with ReefBeat yesterday and was working great. Came downstairs this morning and it’s not alternating flow.

The controller and reefbeat say that it is running my program just fine but the power head is just pushing water at about a 10% Constant speed. I have tried a hard-reset, and a reset through the app, and the problem persists. Does anyone have experience trying to figure this sort of thing out?

For me, a new controller box, is shipping out.

Last edited:

Zboralski62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I felt kinda dumb for how easy it was to fix when I got on the phone with Redsea. They had me move the system to controller mode, doesn’t matter what program, then do a hard reset (I thought I did this but apparently not) by holding the button on the bottom of the controller (that you use to turn on/off the WiFi) for 15 seconds.

That fixed my problem. The woman I spoke to did mention that if a hard reset didn’t work then the box would likely need to be replaced.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I felt kinda dumb for how easy it was to fix when I got on the phone with Redsea. They had me move the system to controller mode, doesn’t matter what program, then do a hard reset (I thought I did this but apparently not) by holding the button on the bottom of the controller (that you use to turn on/off the WiFi) for 15 seconds.

That fixed my problem. The woman I spoke to did mention that if a hard reset didn’t work then the box would likely need to be replaced.

Yeah,
We tried all that as well, and they sure have some good customer service.

They were on the phone with me for over an hour, until we ruled everything else out.

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just happened to me this morning after working perfectly for a month, but only in one of my Reefwaves. I wrote a message on the Red Sea web-site and will call on Monday a.m. Tried all of the app and manual resets, device deletion, device add, etc. Really a shame as it’s great at moving water and the app is excellent when it’s working. Not impressed as this looks like possibly a systemic issue that Red Sea needs to fix quickly before more people have this issue, share on forums like this, and reefers start to avoid.

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,
We tried all that as well, and they sure have some good customer service.

They were on the phone with me for over an hour, until we ruled everything else out.

Did they send you a new controller? If so, how quickly did they ship it out?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they send you a new controller? If so, how quickly did they ship it out?

Yeah,
Red Sea USA emailed my the ticket that day while I was on the phone with them and fired back my receipt of purchase too, and came in about two days later. So they sent me a ground Fedex label and I dropped off the broke controller at a near by Fedex store.

It is a tad concerning, and hope this one is as bullet proof as my 2015 Gyre controller.
Sure runs smooth and very quiet, even when alternating.

kalinowskiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,
Red Sea USA emailed my the ticket that day while I was on the phone with them and fired back my receipt of purchase too, and came in about two days later. So they sent me a ground Fedex label and I dropped off the broke controller at a near by Fedex store.

It is a tad concerning, and hope this one is as bullet proof as my 2015 Gyre controller.
Sure runs smooth and very quiet, even when alternating.
Did this work for you because I received my new controller from them for the exact same issue and it still did not work. I am having nonstop trouble. I cannot get someone on the phone and waiting a day to hear back by email is getting old pretty quick. I just want a fix to all of this.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this work for you because I received my new controller from them for the exact same issue and it still did not work. I am having nonstop trouble. I cannot get someone on the phone and waiting a day to hear back by email is getting old pretty quick. I just want a fix to all of this.

Yes,
This replacement controller has been solid.

Sorry for your troubles.

They have always picked up the phone when making a direct call, but the deeper we went into Covid could have changed that.

cooksterni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you get sorted? I managed to mess about with mine and got it working again. Seemed to be more of a software fault with it stuck in the one low speed.

Back