ISO tank Control of some kind

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing the waters to see whats out there locally.

Ruled out a few things such as reef keeper just as there isnt a whole lot of support anymore, and Replacement parts can get scarce.

Wanted to see what else is out there locally.

Mostly looking to control heat, on and off of equipment, alerting, and possibly ATO.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located? I may have an ATO.
i have an ATO already on hand from the old 90. was hoping to find a controller that would get that piece out of the equation, like Reef angel and Apex are doing.

Located in Lewisburg, but work in Franklin. Mostly trying to see what people have for sale for controllers, before i just order a reef angel.

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. I don’t have anything not being utilized. I have had an Apex for years and it’s proven. Very much worth it IMO.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. I don’t have anything not being utilized. I have had an Apex for years and it’s proven. Very much worth it IMO.
Ive been reading up on the Reef angel as its supposedly a bit more powerful, but before i spend the 400+ i wanted to see what is on the market locally used.

Charris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an apex jr I am thinking of selling. It is the apex jr controller, four controlled outlets, display and temp probe. Only asking what I paid, PM if you are interested.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an apex jr I am thinking of selling. It is the apex jr controller, four controlled outlets, display and temp probe. Only asking what I paid, PM if you are interested.
do you know if you can expand the outlets on the JR? as with everything im putting on this build, id need at least 8, and adding a second power bar would let me space it out.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally ordered a controller. Going with the open source Reef Angel. Just paid, and now wait for delivery :) cant wait to get this up and running when the new tank goes up. Plenty of ways to expand, and ive already outlined about 4 modules i want to add. Power control for DC fans, a better water level controller than what ships with, etc. Also getting a humidity module for my canopy so i can track and kick fans on that.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back