Isopod?

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found these twice now. Once on a frag plug and yesterday in a clam shell. They scurry along pretty quickly there are able to swim short distances at least in this bowl used to scrub the clam shell. I’m not able to post a video of their movement here. As soon as I figure that out I’ll update. But one can tap photo zoom for closer look. Any thoughts?
997D5280-66C7-4E2C-8A0C-9479FA74813F.jpeg

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found these twice now. Once on a frag plug and yesterday in a clam shell. They scurry along pretty quickly there are able to swim short distances at least in this bowl used to scrub the clam shell. I’m not able to post a video of their movement here. As soon as I figure that out I’ll update. But one can tap photo zoom for closer look. Any thoughts?
997D5280-66C7-4E2C-8A0C-9479FA74813F.jpeg
At one glance, I would have said chitons. But you mentioned that they scuttle around and are able swim. I’m going to say, probably a Sphaeromatid Isopod (Sphaeromatidae). Yours look too round to be a Cirolanid Isopod.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back