Issue with Blonde Naso

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish looked perfect this morning prior to a water change. I vacuumed the sand and smoothed it out as it had some bare spots due to high flow. It looks like the pigment is gone in the area and it’s smooth (not a bite or anything like that.) As you can see, the fin is clouded as well. This tank had an ich outbreak when I first set it up in September and I fed medicated food to get it under control. I have not seen any signs of it since. I just bought a 55 gallon that I’m going to set up over the next few weeks as a quarantine tank and let my display go fallow as I treat my fish as well as a few new ones that I want. This doesn’t look like ich to me but I am far from an expert! Best shot I could get as this guy is a spazz. Eating and acting as usual. Thanks in advance!

7F4C792D-5FE8-4428-80FA-5E8B64B0479D.jpeg

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly an injury or from rubbing up against something. I'd keep an eye on it. The QT could help if meds are needed.

OP
OP
JonJ

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly an injury or from rubbing up against something. I'd keep an eye on it. The QT could help if meds are needed.

Thanks, I most definitely will. What about the clouded fin?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I most definitely will. What about the clouded fin?
Could be related to injury/rubbing but also could be lympho if it gets worse with the lumpy white cauliflower look then its definitely lympho.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing lympho or injury as well.

I always recommend having acriflavine for baths, and kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 just in case for infections.

OP
OP
JonJ

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever this was completely resolved itself within 24 hours. Really weird-not a mark on the fish and even the clouded fin was better. I’m so torn on whether to pull all my fish and put them through the proper copper treatment that they never had or leave them be. The all appear healthy and eat like pigs. I’ll see an occasional ich spot but no flashing or any other behavior that would make me think that they are uncomfortable.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back