Issues with Skimmers

djorijun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an NC28 to which I added an Eshopps nano skimmer in the back. I've had it for a few months and started to notice major over flow of the cup. I called their support and they're going to replace the pump for me which is great. But this has been a constant issue with this thing. Can you guys recommend a better skimmer? I was looking into the AquaMaxx HOB-1. Since the Eshopps has been in the center baffle, maybe the HOB will finally give me room to add an InTank basket with my media inside of it, instead of hanging it in the baffles as I've done so far.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming the number in the tank name is the number of gallons, check out the Tunze 9004 or 9004 DC

BTW, overflowing the cup – is the air intake wide open, or do you have a turn down some? Also how deep is the water over the top of the pump?

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the tunze 9004 dc and it’s awesome collects like a champ and is super quiet. As long as your water level is constant you won’t have any issues.

OP
OP
D

djorijun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming the number in the tank name is the number of gallons, check out the Tunze 9004 or 9004 DC

BTW, overflowing the cup – is the air intake wide open, or do you have a turn down some? Also how deep is the water over the top of the pump?

Does 9004 fit in the back of a Nanocube 28? In the Eshopps I have the pump turned down all the way and the air tube doesn't have an option to close it, it just has a silencer. As far as the deepness of water, I've placed it to where the water touches the bottom of the cup and have tried pulling it out of the water and everything in between and sitll it fills up like crazy.

OP
OP
D

djorijun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mayb raise it up some so it doesn’t skim so wet?

I have raised it as high as I could to the point where the pump was almost outside of the water.

I had good luck with the Hydor Nano skimmer if you want to check that one out.

I'll take a look. Do you know if this will fit my Nanocube 28 smaller baffles?

Last edited:

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measure your compartment and see what the specs of the skimmer say.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have raised it as high as I could to the point where the pump was almost outside of the water.

I'll take a look. Do you know if this will fit my Nanocube 28 smaller baffles?
I would be shocked if it didn't....I think it is marketed as a Slim-skimmer for small spaces. Like EriksOasis stated though, I would check the specs and measure to be sure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back