It’s 12 AM, you look into the tank...your worst fear?

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing sleep sucks, especially if your tank causes it. You look into your reef tank, your worse fear is....?

For me, it’s when I am 2 weeks without seeing a montipora eating nudibranch just eating away in my QT.

::gets out dip bucket and picks clean 10 frags::

DIAZ REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to this thread last night I had nightmares of my tank being infected with brown jelly and as I was going to TRY and take care of the situation the tank exploded and flooded my house.
thanks guys . Lol happy Friday

Upvote 0

DIAZ REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaks. Had some power surges the other day, and lost almost 10 gallons. Found 5 of them later as the ceiling in my basement started dripping. Still trying to recover mentally. That was my freshwater tank, I don't even have water in my saltwater tank yet.
I feel your pain, with my first tank I forgot my rodi on and had diner. Well my 8 year old screamed because water was pouring out of the lights in the basement. I finished my basement 3 months ago

Upvote 0

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not my worst fear for my tank at midnight but something I run into way too often right before I'm about to head up to bed. Realizing the ATO reservoir is almost empty and if I leave it over night my ATO pump will run dry... so I have to sit around downstairs half asleep for 30ish minutes whole the RODI runs.
Putting a float valve in a remote RO reservoir was one of the best labour saving things I ever did! ☺️

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
ME:

RO joke.jpg

Upvote 0

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have less fear of things happening when im not home than home sleeping. The other day i had a glass top sitting next to a hob too close the water touching the glass was enough to push it on the top and drip slowly on the floor.. and stand.. and that water dripped on my power bar and i smelt smokey smells in the room when i came home. Was a wierd freak accident.. luckily nothing bad happened

Upvote 0

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayyyyy back in the day when I had a 20 gallon tank I found a polyclad the size of my hand LOL it was scary.
Dips for everything from then on

Upvote 0

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I flooded my hallway bathroom once making rodi water. The water came into our bedroom since it was right next to it. I think my cat jumped on me and I noticed her paws were wet. This was when I didn't have a booster pump or the water saver attachment. It would take me 12-14 hours with my water pressure to make 40 gallons prior to that, so I fell asleep waiting for it once. Thank goodness I woke up when I did. If I were to do that today, it would fill the entire house.

If the water is close to being done at night, set several alarms just in case. Remember, it can also always wait until the morning. That water change won't help any more by doing it 8 hours sooner.

Upvote 0

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rotated my 4g jar build this afternoon, trying to get a better vantage point of the yellow and green maxi-mini that I put in recently...and the entire thing cracked in half! Water everywhere! Screaming and yelling (from me!)

Fortunately, everyone (three sexy shrimp and a gorgonian) except the maxi-mini (MIA) survived. I also had a jar sitting empty, fully cycled, doing nothing, just 'cause. I got a slight sting when picking up the cracked jar, and thought that I had touched the 'nem...until I realized it was an electrical shock from my '60s landline phone. :)

Upvote 0

ReeferMadness01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well mine came true on Friday. Was rolling up the house for RODI and I heard a very loud odd noise. My return hose popped off and was spraying water EVERYWHERE. Refug light was crackling and smoking. Battery back up was sitting in water. Extremely grateful I was home to pull plugs before it started a fire. Went buy APEX with leak detection and flow meter today!! I’m so stressed out.

Upvote 0

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish dead on the sand. Almost happened to me the other night and that was the worst I have ever felt about my aquarium. I was so nervous. My clownfish were bullying my royal gramma and it was laying on the sand heavy breathing hiding from the clowns. Next morning, everything was alright. I think it was because I was under feeding (as a beginner?? I know crazy). Now they’re all good

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back