It’s 12 AM, you look into the tank...your worst fear?

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing sleep sucks, especially if your tank causes it. You look into your reef tank, your worse fear is....?

For me, it’s when I am 2 weeks without seeing a montipora eating nudibranch just eating away in my QT.

::gets out dip bucket and picks clean 10 frags::

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking in to check on the clownfish and seeing this…
Come Back Reaction GIF by HBO Max

Upvote 0

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waking up in hell. Then you realize a tank fire killed you during your sleep and you didn't do enough good in life to end up in heaven.

Upvote 0

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing sleep sucks, especially if your tank causes it. You look into your reef tank, your worse fear is....?

For me, it’s when I am 2 weeks without seeing a montipora eating nudibranch just eating away in my QT.

::gets out dip bucket and picks clean 10 frags::
This is usually me when I put something new in or do a big water change. Last time something happened was about 3 days ago,I got a new rainbow nem and it was unhappy and just hiding under a rock in the dark for about 2 days prior, well I had woke up scared for some reason and looked around the tank and everything seemed fine,till I noticed something yellowish in the corner of my eye as I was looking away from the tank. Yep it was my new rainbow in my powerhead. Its alive but has some lost tentacles but its recovering and moved to my small nem tank. This is the 2nd time this has happened. First time was when I had a smaller tank and hangons, one ended up stuck in return tube of hang on. Its recovered and doing great and has regrowth and thriving.but yea this new one had left some damage behind,I guess parts of tentacles flew around in the tank and has landed in my euphyllia garden,its already claimed 4 splatter hammer heads and maybe a frogspawn head but im hoping not.ive already dipped all my euphyllia and gave them iodine to help recover.also did a 50%water change. Its a 40b and 20g sump so its not tough but still sucks. Luckily I dont think it reached my torches as they were further away and under my other powerhead so that may have saved them. Now I'm not keeping anymore nems in my 40b or in my higher end tanks until its 75ga and above.2nd pic the torches were up top till I recently dipped and now that I have no nems I split the garden into 2,torches on left of tank and hammers and frogs on right.both under powerheads. 20210621_110443.jpg
20210621_002235.jpg
also you can see the 4 middle heads receded on my big hammer colony.ghat frag had a branch of 11. And now I've fragged them down.so sad.

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back