It’s done!!! BestMomEver’s new 90 gallon build!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I didn’t offend you! I just liked your quote and wanted to comment on it. I am a peacemaker too so I right there with you.

Not a single bit. I took it as a nice get to know you. I always like to gab about stuff, fish or not.

The personal chit-chat is what I really enjoy about this forum. I can’t say how many great people I have come across here.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope I didn’t offend you! I just liked your quote and wanted to comment on it. I am a peacemaker too so I right there with you.

As implied by my screen name I am a peacemaker too, which is why I analyze conflict. If you reframe conflict as tension, then life - including our tanks - is filled with conflict and that helps us thrive!

Clearly I wasn't shopping at the same booths at Reef-a-Palooza! I had a great time and came a way with a few things I needed/wanted, but nothing like a new tank. Congratulations, that is awesome for you! I look forward to following your new build!

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the deals at events that great on equipment? 9 hour drive?!?!?!
10% off Apex which NEVER happens. Enough free food to last a lifetime. The tank we got for $700 off. For the most part, vendors would rather not haul stuff home. They would rather get rid of it. I got a flipper at regular price but free replacement blades. Near the end of the show, frags and fish were marked down. I got tons of free stuff and good discounts on the stuff I bought.

Yeah.. the 8 hour drive sucks but we’ve done it tons of times. We have gone to Disney a bunch and I also traveled there to go to dog shows. I’ve driven all kinds of places for dog shows!

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
140# of Nature’s Ocean Live Aragonite sand!

EA631471-BAD1-44DB-B494-A33DE8A513D5.jpeg

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As implied by my screen name I am a peacemaker too, which is why I analyze conflict. If you reframe conflict as tension, then life - including our tanks - is filled with conflict and that helps us thrive!

Clearly I wasn't shopping at the same booths at Reef-a-Palooza! I had a great time and came a way with a few things I needed/wanted, but nothing like a new tank. Congratulations, that is awesome for you! I look forward to following your new build!
I actually started looking at frags. As I walked around, I saw tons of stuff I already have. That told me two things. First, a lot of stuff could be found at nearly every booth. Also, I’ve spent WAY too much money in frags in the last two years or so. ;) The frags/colonies I wanted were incredibly expensive. Yes, they were beautiful but I couldn’t live with myself if I got home with a dead $900 coral. I found three more common pieces, not that expensive, that I didn’t have already. I had zipped around before the show opened (diamond pass) and scoped things out. When hubby came down, I showed him what I found. As we walked, I pointed to the new tanks being displayed and said, “that tank is really pretty!” After that, I shut up. :) He walked over later when I wasn’t looking and inquired about it. I’m so bad....

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually started looking at frags. As I walked around, I saw tons of stuff I already have. That told me two things. First, a lot of stuff could be found at nearly every booth. Also, I’ve spent WAY too much money in frags in the last two years or so. ;) The frags/colonies I wanted were incredibly expensive. Yes, they were beautiful but I couldn’t live with myself if I got home with a dead $900 coral. I found three more common pieces, not that expensive, that I didn’t have already. I had zipped around before the show opened (diamond pass) and scoped things out. When hubby came down, I showed him what I found. As we walked, I pointed to the new tanks being displayed and said, “that tank is really pretty!” After that, I shut up. :) He walked over later when I wasn’t looking and inquired about it. I’m so bad....

Well played! and again, congratulations!

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I realize now that my tank can come with either a 8” or 12” canopy. Mine, of course, is 8”. The original plan was to get the mounting track for my Radions, attach it to the canopy, then mount the lights to the track. I ordered the track and then realized that if hung that way, the lights would be about 3” off the water. On to plan B.... after reading a few older threads, we decided to cut holes in the canopy, set the lights down in the holes, then strap them on. This is my canopy with holes. ;Woot

FE4DCB51-C6DE-4B53-A034-8F2681525BBC.jpeg

And my dog...:)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I realize now that my tank can come with either a 8” or 12” canopy. Mine, of course, is 8”. The original plan was to get the mounting track for my Radions, attach it to the canopy, then mount the lights to the track. I ordered the track and then realized that if hung that way, the lights would be about 3” off the water. On to plan B.... after reading a few older threads, we decided to cut holes in the canopy, set the lights down in the holes, then strap them on. This is my canopy with holes. ;Woot
Way to improvise! It is unlikely that anyone will see it and you will likely have far better air flow!

And my dog...:)
...and a fine, inquisitive dog!

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting this morning. Biocube 32 down and contents removed. New tank in its place.

DE0CA028-B2B6-44B9-A96A-077648C6F9C0.jpeg
8874AF16-75F6-4345-85E5-5F91E7E4300C.jpeg

Everything from the 32 and the 60 in buckets. Very unhappy fish and very unhappy corals.

7AA736AC-4B95-4912-B3E9-E993C92F56B4.jpeg
07C54A3C-9006-4732-86A7-048902FC1BEA.jpeg

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump is now running and tank has sand and water. Some of the base rock is in. I didn’t really have anywhere else to put it.

F0FA3131-C952-41D3-9AC2-1A89DC3EC96D.jpeg
8814A63A-5E8E-4A04-91FB-F9DE4181B911.jpeg

Now I have an ocean of controllers and equipment to sort through.

AC1D7173-2FC8-4EDE-B59B-444CDF8CE387.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back