It’s Reefapalooza time in Chicago what’s all the new GHL stuff that was getting released?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill have what he's having

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are determined to make up 40% of the content in the GHL forum lol!

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I never understood the "No Reagents" excitement. I mean... you still need calibration solutions and multiple dosing heads for them. (Not that i mind at all) but "No Reagents" seems like an odd selling point.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood the "No Reagents" excitement. I mean... you still need calibration solutions and multiple dosing heads for them. (Not that i mind at all) but "No Reagents" seems like an odd selling point.

Because most of the other auto-testers on the market use reagents. Being unique makes it a marketable selling point

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Techincally they do different things, but I see what you’re getting at. You’ve still got to buy some fluid!

I guess the $64,000 question is what’s the difference in lifespan between a regent and a calibration fluid?

If a regent has a sell by date (and thus must be used by a certain date), and a calibration fluid doesn’t have a time limit, then I can understand a beneficial difference to the latter as you can set your test frequency to whatever interval you want.

Whether that’s the case or not with the GHL calibration fluid, I don’t know...

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Techincally they do different things, but I see what you’re getting at. You’ve still got to buy some fluid!

I guess the $64,000 question is what’s the difference in lifespan between a regent and a calibration fluid?

If a regent has a sell by date (and thus must be used by a certain date), and a calibration fluid doesn’t have a time limit, then I can understand a beneficial difference to the latter as you can set your test frequency to whatever interval you want.

Whether that’s the case or not with the GHL calibration fluid, I don’t know...
Reagents vs Calibration fluid. Different but still a consumable, required and costs money. By saying no reagents are required is just playing a word game and hiding that this item will still require consumable fluids.
Reagents are used in conjunction with sample to perform the test.
Calibration fluids are used to set the baseline of the probe to prepare to take the test of the sample.

My honest opinion is the Marketing person that thought saying no reagents required was a selling point is just a real blank.... blank ... blank.
This was a bad call on their part

Last edited:

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reagents vs Calibration fluid. Different but still a consumable, required and costs money. By saying no reagents are required is just playing a word game and hiding that this item will still require consumable fluids.
Reagents are used in conjunction with sample to perform the test.
Calibration fluids are used to set the baseline of the probe to prepare to take the test of the sample.
Thanks, but I fully understood that before your post.

The point was that if regents go off and calibration fluids don't, then it is a marketable point.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*** hence why some of trident owners are complaining about the minimum 4 2 2 daily testing regime. It's set at that minimum because the regents have a shelf life once opened.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is the test, Does it test all ions at the same time? OR Cal-test-Calcium, cal-test mag, cal-test no3, and so -on
That could drain your pocket quickly although who's gonna test mag 3 times a day..

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is the test, Does it test all ions at the same time? OR Cal-test-Calcium, cal-test mag, cal-test no3, and so -on
That could drain your pocket quickly although who's gonna test mag 3 times a day..

With the two reference inputs it is tough to say for certain, but I would hazard that it is either going to be all or nothing or test group A and/or B.

With any luck, the upcoming video interview will answer the question!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back