It is a sad day, but I have a question.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, we lost our male H. Erectus today. He lived to the ripe old age of 8 years.

Now for the question. Our female is 4 years old and they were "bonded", if you want to put it that way. They have had numerous babies over the years, as well. Should we look at getting another male for the female? Or will this end up being the demise of the female? Or will she be fine without him?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She will be fine without him. Your male erectus lived a good life as that is about their life span. :cool:

I collect them here in New York
That will make my wife feel a ton better. She was very attached to the male, as it was her first ever fish tank experience. If the female was to go right after, it would be bad.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will make my wife feel a ton better. She was very attached to the male, as it was her first ever fish tank experience. If the female was to go right after, it would be bad.
It should be noted, just in case someone searches and this comes up. The male has been moving slower over the past month, not eating as much, but looked healthy. Over the past 2 weeks, food consumption dropped dramatically and I knew it was a matter of time. With that being said, I do not feel disease had any play on the circumstances. This being a species only tank with no cross contamination aids in that determination.

Back