It looks like it snowed in my tank

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I WAS using BRS dosing pumps, but i think the timer malfunctioned. Being that the tank isn't SPS dominant, i think i'm gonna go back to an all in one, like purple up (my coral seemed to like it), and get it back. keep my set up simple.
If that's all you have you probably don't need to dos any two part water changes will be enough

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's all you have you probably don't need to dos any two part water changes will be enough
Yea.. i will admit, i was getting a little cocky with my tank. I haven't had anything major happen to it, so i felt it was bullet proof. I also rushed the heck out of getting those pumps set up. Definitely taking a step back, and going back to the basics... I'm pretty disappointed in myself over it.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea.. i will admit, i was getting a little cocky with my tank. I haven't had anything major happen to it, so i felt it was bullet proof. I also rushed the heck out of getting those pumps set up. Definitely taking a step back, and going back to the basics... I'm pretty disappointed in myself over it.
We all get cocky sometimes lol your doing the right thing take a step back. You will get it going soon.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's okay, happens to us all, we're all humans

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i half way want to break it all the way down and start fresh, but i feel that may be a bit overdramatic lol

But i feel confident that i've done what i can..
haha, same thing happened to me with vermetid snails..... and now asterna, I understand you!

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
checked on the tank on my lunch break. Fish look just fine, but, the Hammer looks different so it's definitely going in my buddies tank. The zoa/palys look fine, and the bs sps i had in there looks fried.. so it's going in the sump.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hd the same issue on my tank. Ato dumped a couple gallons of kalk water in tank. I can home to this
I did a 80% water change and used a turkey baster to blow off rocks. I have inverts coral and fish in this tank. The only thing I lost were my feather dusters. Man did I panic. You should be fine.

957403EE-0AFC-4971-8813-317E52F38C1D.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
checked on the tank on my lunch break. Fish look just fine, but, the Hammer looks different so it's definitely going in my buddies tank. The zoa/palys look fine, and the crap sps i had in there looks fried.. so it's going in the sump.
I'd leave your coral. 6 weeks. Give them time.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would add if you don’t have filter socks to trap small micron particles and add carbon or better yet chemipure blue which will polish the water to clarity
For vacation, i do a good water change and turn off dosers for this very risk

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add if you don’t have filter socks to trap small micron particles and add carbon or better yet chemipure blue which will polish the water to clarity
For vacation, i do a good water change and turn off dosers for this very risk
The water clarity really isn't that bad. It could be better, but it's not that bad. I'm gonna try to pick up some chemipure today. I definitely shouldve disconnected the dosers.. I was talking to a buddy and he said the same thing! haha!! oh well. Live and learn.

I really just want to get all the white crud out of the tank. I hate the way it looks...

bjc451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just chill. Catching fish is not fun. Plus if your buddy’s tank has a parasite. It would be more stress on the fish

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just chill. Catching fish is not fun. Plus if your buddy’s tank has a parasite. It would be more stress on the fish
you aint lying.... after looking at the tank yesterday evening, I decided to just leave it all. The hammer looks good again, the hammers are extended and full and the color is there too. The zoas/palys also look good, and the rest is whatever honestly. It really is doing good so far.

bjc451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you aint lying.... after looking at the tank yesterday evening, I decided to just leave it all. The hammer looks good again, the hammers are extended and full and the color is there too. The zoas/palys also look good, and the rest is whatever honestly. It really is doing good so far.
That’s good

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting find....

I finally got around to testing a sample that i pulled from the tank when i discovered what happened to it, and to my surprise, the DKH was 10...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back