It was all good until I got home

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Usually I don’t post on here unless I really need help with tank related issues. But today I’ve decided to post something different.

I was having an awesome day today until I came home today and noticed a huge crack in my Waterbox 20. Can’t lie, I’m a little grateful seeing as it decided to crack on the inside “back panel”, where the division between the chamber for filtration and the display is and not on the outside. If I would have found fish bodies, saltwater, and dead corals when I got home - I definitely would’ve given up and quit the hobby at that point.

Anyways, I guess it’s time to look for whatever special glue they sell for times like these and push forward.

Have you guys ever came home to annoying new developments in your tank?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a disaster, but pretty close. I was running my drain as a durso pipe, and I came home to the water right on the very brim of overflowing. I killed the return pump got it fixed. But it could have ended very badly. Since then I will never run anything less than a herbie setup.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pretty crushed once in the beginning when I got home, sat in front of the tank and saw my first hermit crab (first saltwater creature) lying lifeless on the ground. I was really bummed, I'd only had him for a few weeks at that point but had become very attached. I just sat infront of the tank for 30 minutes trying to figure out where I went wrong. Something moved in the tank and it really caught me off guard since I could see the body of the sole resident, I fell off my stool and when I got back up I saw my crab, doubled in size and in a new shell- He just molted...;Hilarious

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to let you all know that I sent Waterbox an email, and after showing them proof of purchase/the damage - they’re sending me a new Waterbox!! I’m so impressed with the customer service and excited to receive my new Waterbox! Im so excited to set up the new tank to cycle.

Thanks for the comments to cheer me up :)

Lorenzo Angotti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can remember is when I started in this hobby, I had a cleaner shrimp that I thought had died after a few weeks so I replaced him with another and to my surprise two days later something coming over the back of my coral was, yes the original cleaner shrimp it obviously had shredded it’s exoskeleton and because it was completely intact then, it fooled me and yet I did read that they did shred their exoskeleton I felt a right idiot, glad for you that you are getting a replacement

SeaSickness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear that Waterbox is making it right by replacing the tank. Always nice to see a manufacturer stand by their product.
Will definitely consider them for my next tank setup.

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some piece of equipment failed I'm guessing the heater and the power strip also failed leading to a nice fire. I got lucky in the fact that when the stand failed it put out the fire. I took a long break from the hobby!

You take the prize for worst incident!:oops: Happy you just took a break and are back now :)

Back