It's 2017, Why Do We Not Have a Roomba Type Device to Clean Our Glass?

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think about it. We already have equipment where the power supply and motor are housed outside of the tank (Vortech) that make something spin on the wet side. Have a little charging dock that attaches to the glass on the dry side, motor and brush are on bearing so they can roll easily across the glass, wet side has maybe two sets of brushes that spin opposite of each other, and a sensor that keeps it a set distance away from its surroundings (sand, silicone in the corners, etc). Then you just program it to clean the glass once a day and you always have crystal clear glass! What do you guys think?

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think about it. We already have equipment where the power supply and motor are housed outside of the tank (Vortech) that make something spin on the wet side. Have a little charging dock that attaches to the glass on the dry side, motor and brush are on bearing so they can roll easily across the glass, wet side has maybe two sets of brushes that spin opposite of each other, and a sensor that keeps it a set distance away from its surroundings (sand, silicone in the corners, etc). Then you just program it to clean the glass once a day and you always have crystal clear glass! What do you guys think?

I think you should have kept this to yourself, and got a patient. [emoji23]

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of, she's eight and her name is Audrey :)

You're dampening my snarky reply here, but...
Aw... :) Mine's 4....more like a reverse-Rumba though. On a regular schedule, automatically dispersing things onto the carpet that need to be swept up. ;) :p

A real one though, no I do not. Do you!?

No. And neither does anyone else. ;) That's why there's no Rumba for algae. It's a neat idea that – at least for carpet – doesn't work that well in reality.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're dampening my snarky reply here, but...
Aw... :) Mine's 4....more like a reverse-Rumba though. On a regular schedule, automatically dispersing things onto the carpet that need to be swept up. ;) :p

No. And neither does anyone else. ;) That's why there's no Rumba for algae. It's a neat idea that – at least for carpet – doesn't work that well in reality.
Oh no! Sorry lol, I still liked it :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back