• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Its finally here, the holygrail of anemones. ECC Nexus Burst. 1/3 colored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This boy is older and has seen the ups and downs through life.
The economy will take another dump. It's time.
When that happens you will start to learn about wants and needs.
When that happens your 2k investment becomes a whoops and you wish you had that 2k to put food on the table and pay the electric bill. Again, to each their own. It's your money. Do what you want with it.

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. 2K to make yourself happy? Find something else to fill your needs.
There's two type of people that spend that.
One that has more money than sense and needs something to make them happy and to show off what they have.
The other is the person that thinks they're going to make money on their investment. Which is a total crap shoot when your dealing with something that may survive or may not. Play the lottery. The odds are the same.
This dude will never own high end coral or understand the concept of investing in collector coral for long term roi

Sparky88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peeps must have stupid money.
I work hard for mine and I value it.
Plenty of other things to spend that on.
To each his own. It's what makes the world go round.
They split and you can sell them for like 1500. Thats a golden goose my friend worth every penny

Sparky88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ppl are paying retarded money for nfts, cats, cars, dogs, fish, coral, liquor you name it and the rare ones go for money none of us will ever understand. I spend money like this on my tank one. Cause i got it like that and two cause it is my passion. Anyone with money will tell you happyness is worth more.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's how you feel, so be it. But why post to instigate ? Seems real petty. It's not your money, or your post, so who cares ? Don't like what you see, move on. Simple.
Don't forget to get your sand bags ready and ammo stocked up for that market crash big dog !!!
Instigate.......Hmmmmm it's funny how people see things. And how they react to it.
I'll tell you how I see things.
So.......If you feel you're not going to like what you're about to read? Move on and don't bother commenting. Simple like you say.
I've been on this earth for every part of 65 years now.
I've seen quite a bit and have experienced quite a bit.
When I went through school it was a time when if you said the wrong thing to someone you got put in your place and vice versa. Right or wrong? It taught people social skills and respect.
Now I see social media where no bullying is allowed. Everyone must be socially correct!
But there is an underlying aspect to it now. If something is written the right way then it's OK to "correct" someone. It's even better when 5-6 people feel the same way.
Nothing has actually changed in people, it's just how the lesson is delivered that's changed.
And now there are more individuals that feel free to voice an opinion through a keyboard that wouldn't have the backbone to say it to someone's face.
I've seen the phases people go through. Like making a pair of jeans cost $400-500.
I've seen people jumping on the latest bandwagon craze to make them feel good, then six months later jump on the next one. Over and over.
Paying big money for a high end anything is the same thing.
Unfortunately it'll never make that person happy. There will always be a need to find that happiness. It's human nature and how the human race has set themselves up to never be really happy. Happiness comes from the soul, not what you have.
And yes I've seen the economy crash a few times. It's enevitable, it's a correction that needs to happen from time to time. The smart people prepare for it. The ones that don't see it coming blame their misfortune on it.
I am entitled to my opinion just like you are and I will voice it.
Social media is nothing but opinionated people telling others they shouldn't have an opinion because it doesn't match their opinion.
Have fun with all that peeps!

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
splat rugrats GIF

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peeps must have stupid money.
I work hard for mine and I value it.
Plenty of other things to spend that on.
To each his own. It's what makes the world go round.

I'm about to drop $1600 on a couple Lego sets. Ain't America great?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess y'all can't do as you say and just move on either. Have fun! Ignorance is bliss.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Instigate.......Hmmmmm it's funny how people see things. And how they react to it.
So.......If you feel you're not going to like what you're about to read? Move on and don't bother commenting. Simple like you say.
When I went through school it was a time when if you said the wrong thing to someone you got put in your place and vice versa. Right or wrong? It taught people social skills and respect.
Now I see social media where no bullying is allowed. Everyone must be socially correct!
But there is an underlying aspect to it now. If something is written the right way then it's OK to "correct" someone. It's even better when 5-6 people feel the same way.
Nothing has actually changed in people, it's just how the lesson is delivered that's changed.
And now there are more individuals that feel free to voice an opinion through a keyboard that wouldn't have the backbone to say it to someone's face.
I've seen the phases people go through. Like making a pair of jeans cost $400-500.
I've seen people jumping on the latest bandwagon craze to make them feel good, then six months later jump on the next one. Over and over.
Unfortunately it'll never make that person happy. There will always be a need to find that happiness. It's human nature and how the human race has set themselves up to never be really happy. Happiness comes from the soul, not what you have.
And yes I've seen the economy crash a few times. It's enevitable, it's a correction that needs to happen from time to time. The smart people prepare for it. The ones that don't see it coming blame their misfortune on it.
Social media is nothing but opinionated people telling others they shouldn't have an opinion because it doesn't match their opinion.
0280DF9B-74AA-42A5-9645-246B4A9CC50D.png

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're quite welcome. It's also always amazed me how the truth hits a nerve with those that really don't want to hear it.

But it's not truth. You know nothing about the person who bought it. There are a lot of people with a lot of disposable income.

Not just 1%, people are having children later and having less of them. This has led to an increase in $$ at the 20-40 age range when earning potential tends to outpace CoL. In addition, the volatility of the stock market has shown one important lesson for many millennials as they watch their parents suffer when the market drops. Live your best life now. In many ways the market has lined the pockets of the 1% today with promise of future retirement 30+ years from now for the 99%. Then add the stress of the collapse of social security due to politicians (many who are well above the 1%) draining it to fund other things.

In the end if someone wants to spend their own money on a beautiful specimen that brings joy to them... or if they want to buy it and sell 2 at 50% price, recoup the money and in the future possibly make some more. Good for them. I am happy for them. That is what pushes the small local businesses (which make up the majority of our market) to spend money on some of these rare gems.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it's not truth. You know nothing about the person who bought it. There are a lot of people with a lot of disposable income.

Not just 1%, people are having children later and having less of them. This has led to an increase in $$ at the 20-40 age range when earning potential tends to outpace CoL. In addition, the volatility of the stock market has shown one important lesson for many millennials as they watch their parents suffer when the market drops. Live your best life now. In many ways the market has lined the pockets of the 1% today with promise of future retirement 30+ years from now for the 99%. Then add the stress of the collapse of social security due to politicians (many who are well above the 1%) draining it to fund other things.

In the end if someone wants to spend their own money on a beautiful specimen that brings joy to them... or if they want to buy it and sell 2 at 50% price, recoup the money and in the future possibly make some more. Good for them. I am happy for them. That is what pushes the small local businesses (which make up the majority of our market) to spend money on some of these rare gems.
It's hitting a nerve somewhere.
Chasing the allmighty dollar around is what people have determined is what makes them happy. That's pretty plain as day in your response.
The problem is it doesn't make people happy. It stresses them. They want to be in the 1%.
The 1% is always going to be there. We can't all be in the 1%. People need to find their place and accept it instead of struggling against it.
You have no idea who bought it either. It could be someone that is looking to make money from it. That's the wrong reason and a crap shoot. This is first and foremost a hobby forum. If someone is looking to make money at it then they should set themselves up in the proper way to do that. Make the investment and go for it.
I'm a little fortunate, I do work for a lot of people in the upper 10%.
These people aren't on social media showing off what they have.
They keep to themselves.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, who knew selling an anemone would turn into a discourse on income inequality. The person buying it is clearly able to afford one. Or not. Maybe it's someone who has been in the hobby for a long time and has been ready to save up and buy something really special. It doesn't matter. Good chances are that the same individual is paying more in taxes, perhaps employs others and pays them good wages, donates part of his or her income to good causes. It would be wise to withhold judgment and direct that energy into something more positive.

There is definitely an issue in America when it comes to wealth distribution and there is are solution we can pursue to help even out the playing field, but that's an entire different topic...

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's pretty plain as day in your response.
In the end if someone wants to spend their own money on a beautiful specimen that brings joy to them... or if they want to buy it and sell 2 at 50% price, recoup the money and in the future possibly make some more. Good for them.
Nope. Not about money. About doing what brings you joy. For some that is buying a cool, rare nem and looking at it. For someone else, buying a rare nem and propagating it to sell to others.

And for someone else, they find joy in trying to make someone feel bad about a purchase by posting in a FS forum about how they are foolish spending that kind of money.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

1. I'm not triggered in anyway.
2. There is no such thing as bullying online or on social media. Someone said something you don't like? Press the power button on your computer / phone.
3. Surprised you know what makes me happy. Yeah apparently I'd be bored with my purchase 6 months later even tho I've been in the hobby 20 years.
4. I'm 32 years old. Surprisingly I've learned in half the time of life that you never stop learning.
5. Your wallet isn't the same as someone else's wallet. I work in sales... some people can afford or buy things I would never... and thats just the way things are... but I'm in sales and not a financial advisor.
6. I grew up without the internet as most people in this forum probably did as well. And yes in real life you win some and sometimes you take an L.
7. Take your L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back