It's official - The bans are being lifted from Indo Coral Exports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roughly two weeks ago we heard rumblings that the export ban on Indonesian corals & anemones was about to be lifted but the claims were not substantiated until now. This is great news for everyone in the industry after waiting for a long 5 months. In May of this year, the Indonesian Fisheries put a ban on exportation of corals. As many of you know, it really put the hurt on the importers and exporters that heavily relied on the Indonesian market for the source of their income.

Click here to learn more.

indonesia-flag-std.jpg

OP
OP
AquaNerd

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I heard that some locations in Indonesian haven't been officially opened but those areas are expected to open up in the very near future. We will try and update this thread as we learn more. Feel free to post here if you have some definitive information.

rmoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the ban and if we're seeing coral start to come out of Indonesia yet?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From what I heard no not yet.
They had done a trial shipment and it did not go through.
That was a week or so ago.
Dr Mac has been updating people but has been silent and the thread is locked for now so we can not even ask him if he heard anything the last week or so.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/indonesia-situation.411894/page-24

Honestly with Susi even if it opens it will be closed again.

What these people do not get is we are on their side. We are looking at long term on the reefs and want them to survive.

OP
OP
AquaNerd

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's already happening about 45 minutes down the road from us. We will be contributing to the project next year through our new annual trade show - www.carolinareefexperience.com.

Oceans Reef is a non-profit 501 (c)(3). Learn more by clicking the link http://www.oceansreefsproject.org/

ORP-Stickers-for-Cups-visual.jpg

CRE-r2r.jpg

How is this place helping the aquarium hobby?

There are allot of places helping protect or replant the reefs which you can donate too..

What people are talking about is a group that fights for the hobby?

Problem is some of these places that help protect the reefs use your money to shut down the hobby.

Allot of these groups do not understand the hobby has the same goal to protect the reefs but instead look at us as the enemy.

We should donate to groups helping the reef but not ones who want to destroy our hobby or use our money against us.

I never heard of these guys and will look more into them later.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No nothing is coming out yet as of a week or so ago.
Even if it eventually opens they will figure to get it closed again.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ BOO...I have seen the price of corals coming out to AUZ keep climbing. guess there is no end of that in site eh?
I mean dont get me wrong I am a tree huger at heart but sure would like to see a sustainable way to get indo coral to the market.

Nopy117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....I guess it was fake news.
It wasn't exactly fake, its just that the Indonesian fisheries ministry is small fry (Haaa) compared to the real people in charge, as far as i know, the real people in charge have said "wild coral will NEVER happen again, and its unlikely but possible cultured corals may be exported in the future.

OP
OP
AquaNerd

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't exactly fake, its just that the Indonesian fisheries ministry is small fry (Haaa) compared to the real people in charge, as far as i know, the real people in charge have said "wild coral will NEVER happen again, and its unlikely but possible cultured corals may be exported in the future.

Yea, the "fake" part was just fun a games since that seems to be such a popular comment these days.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back