It's official - The bans are being lifted from Indo Coral Exports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo so far this ban is still in full swing correct? My LFS claims Indonesian ban is the reason for the Euphyllia shortage and crazy prices.

I wanted to get a torch that was normally $30-40 and they are now starting at $150 for a 2-3 headed plain Jane torch.

Torch prices can vary. The store that I work we sell Torches that can still be imported from Tonga for $35. We sell Indo Black Torch for $200. We have recently paid $200 - $250 a head for Indo golds to grow out in house. Any Indo torch including the old standard green are now a collector coral because of the lack of availability. Aussie gold torches have always been high and have held that place. The export permits are issued in mid summer so usually leading up to that they become more scarce as places have used up their permits for the year.

Interesting...I wonder how much of an issue this is for the new elected official? As far as whether they will actually try to effect a change to policy or just leave it be. In other words we will continue to have the effects of a ban although it is not officially banned.

My understanding is that the same guy got re-elected so I don't know how much hope there is that anything will change, but you never know.

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch prices can vary. The store that I work we sell Torches that can still be imported from Tonga for $35. We sell Indo Black Torch for $200. We have recently paid $200 - $250 a head for Indo golds to grow out in house. Any Indo torch including the old standard green are now a collector coral because of the lack of availability. Aussie gold torches have always been high and have held that place. The export permits are issued in mid summer so usually leading up to that they become more scarce as places have used up their permits for the year.

My understanding is that the same guy got re-elected so I don't know how much hope there is that anything will change, but you never know.

Thanks for your explanation. It’s really insightful. I’m going to have to google Tonga’s. Just debating if I should wait or bite the bullet and buy a torch to try and grow it out??

If I do get one is there one you recommend? I do black, Green ??? Are there other Aussies besides the gold? I love the gold ones but shhhh. They ain’t cheap.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea gold torches 3 years ago were 50 or 60 bucks a head . Indo green tentacle with purple tips were 30. I had a big torch garden back then , now its 2 mortgage payments

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea gold torches 3 years ago were 50 or 60 bucks a head . Indo green tentacle with purple tips were 30. I had a big torch garden back then , now its 2 mortgage payments

Crazy times...I bit the bullet on one of these. Hopefully it grows crazy fast, I can frag it, and make my money back.

9A5DD4DA-A691-4B48-8F9C-3C66ECB1C13A.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back