IT'S OFFICIAL,THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM NOW, JON DOE HAS THE UPPER HAND!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are for phones. Its a complex of small lenses (20k, 15k, macro, and 37mm) that screw into a small clip that goes over your phone lens. The yellow and orange filters helps with color perception and the macro is awesome, especially with the newer iphones that have the auto zoom to 2x function. I use it with my fiancees phone (hers is newer than mine) and can take some pretty good shots. They can be found on amazon for like $20 if I remember right
I have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra, which I assume should have a relatively good camera being a newer phone. I'll look into the filters. I may try to find ones that will work for a dslr camera too so I can use them for both.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefer cove (via BC) poison envy
1635255693105.png

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I won a Battlecorals thread a few years back! I miss being out of the hobby! If things go well, hopefully I"ll be back next year. Great part is, even without a tank, I can still drool over Adam's corals!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I won a Battlecorals thread a few years back! I miss being out of the hobby! If things go well, hopefully I"ll be back next year. Great part is, even without a tank, I can still drool over Adam's corals!
Hold on what is the "WON" a battlecorals thread that you speak of. Was it a contest?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold on what is the "WON" a battlecorals thread that you speak of. Was it a contest?
I don’t know about his specifically, but Adam did sneak this bit in the OP for this one

“Maybe I'll squeeze out some sort of prize for the best post or something like that.”

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about his specifically, but Adam did sneak this bit in the OP for this one

“Maybe I'll squeeze out some sort of prize for the best post or something like that.”
Yea I saw that but it's not like this is a specific contest of any kind. It's just a vague remark about rewarding someone for helping bump his thread. I was wondering if the thread that was mentioned was some kind of dedicated contest thread.

Adam does/did have the giving scientific names to the corals thread that was just a contest. I spent a few hours researching how to identify different acropora species before I gave up before I ended up having to turn to drugs and alcohol.

air_run

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at my pics that I've posted I really need to get a macro lens and filters for my wife's dslr. I don't understand how people take such good pictures with a phone.
I use an app called Moment. You can adjust shutter speed, ISO, aperature, etc. And, any small edits I do in Lightroom mobile. I got this info from @Brandon McHenry ...you should check out his aquarium and photos too. Fantastic!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an app called Moment. You can adjust shutter speed, ISO, aperature, etc. And, any small edits I do in Lightroom mobile. I got this info from @Brandon McHenry ...you should check out his aquarium and photos too. Fantastic!
I had downloaded an app called AZ camera (I think that was the name at least), but then another user pointed out to me that I can just go to pro mode on my actual camera app and adjust the white balance. I think I can adjust other aspects like iso, shutter speed, etc but I only vaguely even know what those things are. Id prefer not to need to learn about how to properly adjust setting to take good pictures if I can help it.
I will probably just try one of the cheap filter kits for a phone that has a macro lens and see how it goes. They're cheap enough that I'll try one.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there wasn't anything that I won aside from bragging rights...it was Adm's "Joining the Fray" Thanksgiving bumpfest from 2018.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there wasn't anything that I won aside from bragging rights...it was Adm's "Joining the Fray" Thanksgiving bumpfest from 2018.

Ah ok. I'm new enough to BattleCorals that I didn't realize this bump thing was a reoccurring thread.
I now feel like I dont have a chance since we now have a champion amongst us.

Seriously though thanks for clarifying.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back