IT'S OFFICIAL,THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM NOW, JON DOE HAS THE UPPER HAND!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenor (6).gif

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for Christmas we do 4 gifts… something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read. My something to want (a Battle corals order). Any suggestions for something to read? My wife was just asking.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for Christmas we do 4 gifts… something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read. My something to want (a Battle corals order). Any suggestions for something to read? My wife was just asking.
I've never read it before but there is a book called The Avant-Garde Marine Aquarist that was written by a well known member on this forum.
I'm assuming you were specifically looking for a book related to the hobby.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Julian Sprung book. A lot of the older ones were gospel back in the day (not sure about now). Could be an interesting read to compare to today

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Julian Sprung book. A lot of the older ones were gospel back in the day (not sure about now). Could be an interesting read to compare to today
Yea the problem with books about this hobby is that the hobby is constantly evolving so the information in the books quickly becomes outdated.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never read it before but there is a book called The Avant-Garde Marine Aquarist that was written by a well known member on this forum.
I'm assuming you were specifically looking for a book related to the hobby.
I will check it out, thanks!

I think I have one of his books in storage!

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the problem with books about this hobby is that the hobby is constantly evolving so the information in the books quickly becomes outdated.
So true always learning new things. Even after 20 years in and out of the hobby. Especially when all is digital.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is true. I’m one that finds comparisons fascinating. So to read, hey this is what we did 20-30 years ago, compared to the knowledge we use now would be enjoyable to me. It just depends on what type of reading I guess @fragit is looking for.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a subscription to Coral Magazine?

My LFS has every single copy of it on a bookshelf in the store.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back