It's OVER and DONE with! Outta Here! But this was the best.......

Was there aquarium equipment that hit the market in 2019 that changed the game?

• YES (post in the thread)

Votes: 104 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 135 54.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's OVER and DONE with! 2019 is outta Here but it sure left it's mark on the aquarium industry and more specifically the equipment side of things! So today let's talk about the equipment that came to market in 2019! Please answer me this.

What was the best of the best aquarium equipment to hit the market in 2019?

BEST AQUARIUM EQUIPMENT copy.jpg

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Hydros WaveEngine has to be somewhere toward the top of that list! More than just the physical product itself, the WaveEngine is a shift toward open integration that has the potential to make a significant different in reef keeping equipment design.

#Hydros #WaveEngine

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Brew12 , auto testing parameters and auto dosing has been a game changer this year.

I am using the Apex Trident and love it and the auto dosing with the DOS.

Last edited:

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to say the Apex trident but since the company can't seem to manufacturer enough of them for the buying market, I have no idea how good it is. Additionally the quality of some of the Aquarium products is not as good at has been in the past (electronics specifically).

NewGoby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea's ReefLED's, are an amazing piece of equipment, when you lose power or wifi you'll get a notification on your phone from the app, and if it's for a pro-longed period, you'll actually get a text message aswell.

The colouration is absolutely lovely, I've had corals really come 'back to life' after switching over from other LED lighting.

Colouration has improved massively, growth has been amazing.

chk4tix

Not a bot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finding after years of spending money on new fancy gadgets, I am going back to the idea of less is more. The idea of setting and forgetting is great....as long as nothing goes wrong. With the older manual process, I find its easier to stay in-tune with the tank.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s been mentioned, but I’d agree with the Wave Engine being a game changer! The ability to integrate multiple brand pumps , do away with all the power blocks has been a huge improvement for me. I’d love to see other manufacturers follow suit with innovative design like this.
#Hydros #WaveEngine

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m not really a tech guru lol and I didn’t buy anything really that special or enough to go oh goodness. Super technical items I’ve never been good with which is my fault. Thinking back for the whole year I saw neat things but didn’t try them. I have a phobia if it’s not broke then leave it alone. I don’t mind dozing my tank on my own and doing things manually. Personally to me, I feel I know my tank better. But if I had to, and this would have been a great test for my current situation, I would have tried the ghl doser and or controller @Brew12 has one and knows what I mean (hopefully), My tank is easy to care for when I’m home. However it’s very complex if someone else has to take care of it. Having automated systems in this would make it easier if others had to care for your tank.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not new to 2019, and probably not A game changer, my ATS that I use in tandem with my fuge has upped my game. Between the two, I am able to feed my big, fat, sloppy fish and my big, fat, sloppy corals at a level that keeps me and them happy. I also incorporated a GHL maxi (stand alone) AWC system, but I haven't been running it long enough to see any benefit yet. I guess I'm still pretty low tech.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing really made me jump up and say I gotta have that.

I agree with this ,, about the only piece of equipment I would buy for my tank would be a Gyre type pump for the back glass on my tank to create flow in the tank from another direction other than the sides ,, in the past they were a pain to clean and put back together ,, weren't all that dependable ,, I would buy one ,, but not untill they are bullet proof ,,

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back