I've always been more of a mountain man, but...

ReeferintheSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My love for the ocean cannot be denied! Hello! I am brand new here and I am in the process of cycling my very first aquarium. It has taken me about three months to get to this point, partly due to budget, and finding time is pretty difficult! Actually, in all honesty, It has taken me about 10 years to get to this point. I used to work on a drillship in the middle of the Gulf and would be out at sea for a month at a time. Even on a drillship, the beauty of the ocean water was ever present. I watched the most beautiful sunsets where the colors of the sky would dance across the water so softly and peacefully, like a floating blanket of tranquility. At night, the moon would pave a path of light across the water all the way to the horizon. In the mornings, there would occasionally be fog. The fog would be so thick on deck you could hardly see in front of you (I thought it was cool). The ocean wasn't always peaceful though. There were a couple tropical storms where swells reached up to 25 feet. I remember being woken up in the middle of the night from massive waves pounding the haul of the ship and nearly throwing me out of my bunk.

So, now that I have spent 10 years in the Rocky Mountain region, I am ready to bring that ocean tranquility into my home! I am excited to start this journey and can't wait to learn more.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

deliverance GIF

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My love for the ocean cannot be denied! Hello! I am brand new here and I am in the process of cycling my very first aquarium. It has taken me about three months to get to this point, partly due to budget, and finding time is pretty difficult! Actually, in all honesty, It has taken me about 10 years to get to this point. I used to work on a drillship in the middle of the Gulf and would be out at sea for a month at a time. Even on a drillship, the beauty of the ocean water was ever present. I watched the most beautiful sunsets where the colors of the sky would dance across the water so softly and peacefully, like a floating blanket of tranquility. At night, the moon would pave a path of light across the water all the way to the horizon. In the mornings, there would occasionally be fog. The fog would be so thick on deck you could hardly see in front of you (I thought it was cool). The ocean wasn't always peaceful though. There were a couple tropical storms where swells reached up to 25 feet. I remember being woken up in the middle of the night from massive waves pounding the haul of the ship and nearly throwing me out of my bunk.

So, now that I have spent 10 years in the Rocky Mountain region, I am ready to bring that ocean tranquility into my home! I am excited to start this journey and can't wait to learn more.

Welcome to R2R

Back