Ive been getting though covid and finally have time to do maintenance on my tank. And found these in my system

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these. My kenya tree that I bought is the rock that is was on. And as you can see it's no longer there. Did these eat the coral?? What are they? They look like nudibranchs... looks like bad news if my kenya tree is no where to be seen

Attachments

• 20210811_064118.mp4
    32.6 MB

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these. My kenya tree that I bought is the rock that is was on. And as you can see it's no longer there. Did these eat the coral?? What are they? They look like nudibranchs... looks like bad news if my kenya tree is no where to be seen
Yup those are nudibranch some eat aptasia also but yea you never know what they want to eat.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - you have a whole nudi-family on your hands. You never saw them before? I guess it's great if you have aiptasia and they eradicate that but it makes you wonder where they were hiding before?
Looking Josie Gibson GIF by This Morning

OP
OP
R

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - you have a whole nudi-family on your hands. You never saw them before? I guess it's great if you have aiptasia and they eradicate that but it makes you wonder where they were hiding before?
Looking Josie Gibson GIF by This Morning
I'm pretty sure they were all eating the kenya tree that was on that rock and I caught it just in time for when they were finishing up...

OP
OP
R

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure they were all eating the kenya tree that was on that rock and I caught it just in time for when they were finishing up...
Got stupid lucky cos I've been looking for the past couple of days day and night and I haven't seen anymore so far and hopefully they don't lay eggs or something cos I've got a loads more kenya trees/ leather corals

OP
OP
R

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got stupid lucky cos I've been looking for the past couple of days day and night and I haven't seen anymore so far and hopefully they don't lay eggs or something cos I've got a loads more kenya trees/ leather corals
Man.. I spoke too soon

Attachments

• 20210812_202654.jpg
    20210812_202654.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210812-202912_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210812-202912_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
R

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up TRITONIOPSIS ELEGANS NUDIBRANCH.
Any idea on how to get rid of them in the reef? I was sick for over 2 and a half weeks and got a bunch of corals about 3 weeks before hand so these things have been going wild for over 5 weeks so I'm sure there's a bunch of them. I pulled out 6 so far and I've noticed 2 holes in my large leather coral I pulled it out and soaked it in hydrogen peroxide for about 5 seconds it was at the "body" of the leather so the stalk I guess I have used hydrogen peroxide a couple times on leathers to get rid of algae to clean it up and no issues.. any ideas you have that could help me kill these would be massively appreciated

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on how to get rid of them in the reef? I was sick for over 2 and a half weeks and got a bunch of corals about 3 weeks before hand so these things have been going wild for over 5 weeks so I'm sure there's a bunch of them. I pulled out 6 so far and I've noticed 2 holes in my large leather coral I pulled it out and soaked it in hydrogen peroxide for about 5 seconds it was at the "body" of the leather so the stalk I guess I have used hydrogen peroxide a couple times on leathers to get rid of algae to clean it up and no issues.. any ideas you have that could help me kill these would be massively appreciated
Coral dips over the span of days to weeks on all the affected corals may be the best option here. Manually remove as many as possible. Some wrasses help with nudi control.

OP
OP
R

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral dips over the span of days to weeks on all the affected corals may be the best option here. Manually remove as many as possible. Some wrasses help with nudi control.
So basically what you are saying is....

This is not going to be fun...

OP
OP
R

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably not :(

But you've got us on R2R to help you get through it! I've had some nudis before but luckily manual removal was enough.
I hope its enough for me. I mean these things do look cool. I just wish they ate hair algea or something at least I got one good thing going on I got my nutrients in check and the hair algea is coming off in big chucks when I pull on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-202912_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210812-202912_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 31

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back