I've been out 10+ years. Should I come back . . .

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need that tank man!

748A656D-1B55-4CE5-8EA4-0302032FAC81.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Chris Nano Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it! That’s exactly how I got back into it after a good 10 years out. A year and a half ago my son and I watched finding Nemo and next thing you know I’m buying a tank for a 5 year old who’s just as excited as I am. Little 16 gallon nano takes no time to keep up maintenance.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the Coral Corral today. Anyone would be ready for a tank after a visit there! Buy a little all-in-one. It's easy to get going if you're not trying to grow sps. They have the Fluval Evo 13.5 at Marine Warehouse Aquarium. Put in some bottled bacteria and you can have something running the same day. (they have that there too) I'll give you a nice zoa frag.

1A-You'll fit right in 2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lemon Shark

Lemon Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh the time!!! And with three kids???
But it is an awesome hobby, and so rewarding. The Coral Corral is the LFS I use also. Great place, very helpful people. Like NanoJHB mentioned above "Life is too short". Whatever you decide is the right decision. Good luck and Welcome Back.
Wow. I genuinely never expected to bump into some folks local to me so quickly. It felt like a good place, and three different people checked on me to make sure I didn't need help.
Set up a nano...keep it simple and easy to maintain. The kids will love it!
That's the plan so far. Good thing there aren't a ZILLION from which to choose!
Hello there. You can call me Mr Enabler or just En.
It sounds like you don't need much help talking yourself into getting back into the hobby, but I had a couple of thoughts.

This could be a good family experience. A chance to share responsibilities and the wonders of the reef world with the youguns. It's also a great lesson in perseverance. As challenges arise, and they will, the kids will see how those challenges are addressed and overcome. Great life lessons.

Just a thought.
I like this angle, but I'd expect that expert level of enabling from Mr. Enabler.
Do it. We need more reefers in PH. Are you in EL or Old PH?
Ehhh, is EL East Lake? I assume Old PH is closer to the coast and "downtown?" I'm around the Curlew and Countryside intersection, right on the border of Clearwater, 10 minutes from Honeymoon Island (traffic dependent, of course!).
This is like going to a bar and asking: “Hey, should I get a drink?”
Ha! But trust me, I know EXACTLY what to do in a bar.
I know the feeling…
We were free. We made it out. Oh, well.
I was at the Coral Corral today. Anyone would be ready for a tank after a visit there! Buy a little all-in-one. It's easy to get going if you're not trying to grow sps. They have the Fluval Evo 13.5 at Marine Warehouse Aquarium. Put in some bottled bacteria and you can have something running the same day. (they have that there too) I'll give you a nice zoa frag.
An AIO is definitely the goal. Right now I think I've narrowed it down to the Red Sea Reefer Deluxe 170 G2+ 42 gallon (but I'm not sure I want to jump back into the sump life), or the Red Sea Max Nano 26 gallon (leaning towards this just to get up and going easier).

I appreciate the suggestions and your very generous frag offer. I'll find you once I get something set up - and not JUST for free stuff, I swear!

Back