Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jackie, how is the tank going?
Did the LPS fully recover by now?
I hope it did

Thank you for the video link. Saved it for later (hoping never to need to use actually).

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jackie, how is the tank going?
Did the LPS fully recover by now?
I hope it did

Thank you for the video link. Saved it for later (hoping never to need to use actually).
Hi Janci :D

You're welcome :D

Most of the lps fully recovered. The Duncan is better but all the long tentacles have not returned yet to its heads. Spongodes and setosa have color returning and the monti's that are left are struggling but getting better. One favia is just barely alive while the other is beautiful. I have a pinope birdsnest that was badly damaged but is hanging on. All softies are fine.

I have quite a bit of cyano and that rusty brown stuff dusting everything. I have been removing some sandbed and rinsing a little at a time. It appears to be helping but I am beginning to think this tank is going to have a sizeable algae bloom... Wishing I had another decent size sps stable tank. If so I could transfer the fish and coral then strip down the 180 and do a restart. But I don't and therefore see a long recovery coming unfortunately.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know you had an issue going on. I remember your tank looking great what's going on up there?
My system crashed somewhere around 4 months ago, it had a second crash and all acros are gone [emoji24] Now I'm preparing for this hurricane [emoji35] we are not leaving and have Provisions for about 2 weeks however I'm not so sure how long the three tanks that matter to me will hang in there. I have air bubblers and I have a power inverter to run at least some of the things on the 180. I can't combine the other tanks into one because they are all set up completely different. My 45g seahorse tank requires colder water and at this time has flatworms which I do not want to introduce into the 180. The 29 G has too many at Tasia for my taste to put into the 180. Also some of those fish will not get along with the 180 inhabitants. So I'm sitting here crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system crashed somewhere around 4 months ago, it had a second crash and all acros are gone [emoji24] Now I'm preparing for this hurricane [emoji35] we are not leaving and have Provisions for about 2 weeks however I'm not so sure how long the three tanks that matter to me will hang in there. I have air bubblers and I have a power inverter to run at least some of the things on the 180. I can't combine the other tanks into one because they are all set up completely different. My 45g seahorse tank requires colder water and at this time has flatworms which I do not want to introduce into the 180. The 29 G has too many at Tasia for my taste to put into the 180. Also some of those fish will not get along with the 180 inhabitants. So I'm sitting here crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.
@prsnlty @MrMichael
Do you guys have the latest track on the hurricane?

Thanks, Freddie

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping everyone in the hurricane's path in my prayers. Good luck.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@prsnlty @MrMichael
Do you guys have the latest track on the hurricane?

Thanks, Freddie
It is still up in the air. It's either going to go straight up the East Coast straight up the middle or across the southern part into the golf turn around and come back and hit us or straight up the West Coast. I live where the blue dot is inside that radar perimeter just under the "D" in Daytona. I'm only a 20 minute drive in land from the coast. But we are higher elevation then the coast and we have a forest between us and the coast so that should help us quite a bit. Now it's very hilly here so we will get trapped at our homes because the low lying locations on the main roads to leave my neighborhood flood even though my house doesn't. The biggest problem for us is power. We lose it all the time for far less reasons than a hurricane LOL
b71bdd1fdb2fdaaf9fa4b62a0346b68d.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still up in the air. It's either going to go straight up the East Coast straight up the middle or across the southern part into the golf turn around and come back and hit us or straight up the West Coast. I live where the blue dot is inside that radar perimeter just under the "D" in Daytona. I'm only a 20 minute drive in land from the coast. But we are higher elevation then the coast and we have a forest between us and the coast so that should help us quite a bit. Now it's very hilly here so we will get trapped at our homes because the low lying locations on the main roads to leave my neighborhood flood even though my house doesn't. The biggest problem for us is power. We lose it all the time for far less reasons than a hurricane LOL
b71bdd1fdb2fdaaf9fa4b62a0346b68d.jpg
Thank You!!!

I have a nephew and he and his wife lives in Tampa Bay.

Jackie,
I just tuned into the weather channel and like you said, the long term track is still uncertain.

Freddie

Last edited:
OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You!!!

I have a nephew and his wife that lives in Tampa Bay.

Jackie,
I just tuned into the weather channel and like you said, the long term track is still uncertain.

Freddie
I hope they stay safe Freddie and will add them to my prayers.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they stay safe Freddie and will add them to my prayers.
Thank You!!!

I'm going to call my brother in Michigan and see what his thoughts are from my nephew.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a closer look where I live. The blue to the left is the Gulf of Mexico. Crystal River and the home of the manatees. In between the Red Zone and my house is a forest. We've never had a hurricane come straight up through the center of the state so evacuation zones are only in that red zone because they are low-lying elevations. There about 3 ft if that above sea level. We have low-lying areas because of that row of lakes that you see to my right and North. However my neighborhood has many up and down Hills. Even though I'm not in a flood zone because I'm up a hill the down-sides flood so it is difficult to get out of the neighborhood.

Back