OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of current pics of the tank.
5a4d4564950e97e203df83b802deffb1.jpg
b1fa94e24e7cf4ef3d3e62998b2de678.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hum I still don’t see a bridge
Lol Justin! Please see update above ;)

Seriously though I was about to start it when the hurricane came. I had all my supplies out and everything... And the hurricane led to other problems after the fact, then there was "mom I need you to babysit more than you usually do", then there were issues with my dog and allergies, now I'm trying to get ready for Thanksgiving and recover chair cushions for a table that is more than 100 years old for my daughter who lives in DC. I'm trying to get them mailed today but if not it'll be tomorrow and a miracle that they make it there in time before her husband's family arrives LOL. Plus I make gifts for my family members for Christmas and I'm doing that as well. This doesn't count taking care of my home or my fish tanks. I am one extremely busy person LOL. The outside of my property at the moment looks like nobody's lived here in a year hahaha! My husband is also been so busy that he's been home practically every third weekend. So neither of us has had time to take up the other's slack. I have been soooooooo busy that I handed off Thanksgiving dinner to my oldest daughter to host for the first time ever. Although I will be helping her ;) Thanksgiving weekend I had planned on working on nothing but my tanks including the bridge, but my grandson is begging for a fish tank that I have sitting in the garage. It is a hexagon 27 gallon that needs to be resealed and all the Cabinetry painted as well as new lights put in it. So that became my project for the weekend along with my grandson and babysitting at the same time for a 1 year old. Hopefully will get all that accomplished ;)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol Justin! Please see update above ;)

Seriously though I was about to start it when the hurricane came. I had all my supplies out and everything... And the hurricane led to other problems after the fact, then there was "mom I need you to babysit more than you usually do", then there were issues with my dog and allergies, now I'm trying to get ready for Thanksgiving and recover chair cushions for a table that is more than 100 years old for my daughter who lives in DC. I'm trying to get them mailed today but if not it'll be tomorrow and a miracle that they make it there in time before her husband's family arrives LOL. Plus I make gifts for my family members for Christmas and I'm doing that as well. This doesn't count taking care of my home or my fish tanks. I am one extremely busy person LOL. The outside of my property at the moment looks like nobody's lived here in a year hahaha! My husband is also been so busy that he's been home practically every third weekend. So neither of us has had time to take up the other's slack. I have been soooooooo busy that I handed off Thanksgiving dinner to my oldest daughter to host for the first time ever. Although I will be helping her ;) Thanksgiving weekend I had planned on working on nothing but my tanks including the bridge, but my grandson is begging for a fish tank that I have sitting in the garage. It is a hexagon 27 gallon that needs to be resealed and all the Cabinetry painted as well as new lights put in it. So that became my project for the weekend along with my grandson and babysitting at the same time for a 1 year old. Hopefully will get all that accomplished ;)
All I read was excuses

Just kidding this is supposed to be a hobby right? And good for u with all ur “excuses” of why the bridge isn’t done I wish one day I will be as responsible as u

Ps just found out yesterday that fed ex ground is 7 dollars and I beleive ur in the zone that Washington DC is one day to get there. I sent a vectra l1 to Ecotech yesterday i asked fed ex how much if I wanted to overnight it was like 45 dollars I then replied ******** I’ll guess I’ll have to send it ground so after standing there for another ten mins while he typed in his keyboard and paying the 7 dollars for ground I asked when it will get there they told me tomorow by noon. To myself I was thinking why didn’t they just tell me that when I asked to overnight it but whatever

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I read was excuses

Just kidding this is supposed to be a hobby right? And good for u with all ur “excuses” of why the bridge isn’t done I wish one day I will be as responsible as u

Ps just found out yesterday that fed ex ground is 7 dollars and I beleive ur in the zone that Washington DC is one day to get there. I sent a vectra l1 to Ecotech yesterday i asked fed ex how much if I wanted to overnight it was like 45 dollars I then replied ******** I’ll guess I’ll have to send it ground so after standing there for another ten mins while he typed in his keyboard and paying the 7 dollars for ground I asked when it will get there they told me tomorow by noon. To myself I was thinking why didn’t they just tell me that when I asked to overnight it but whatever

Lolol! Yeah but at least my "excuses" are legit [emoji6] [emoji28] Just don't have too many kids! They're the reason I'm so busy even though they're grown and moved out- AND they like to hit you up all at once! They don't appreciate you trying to teach them something as they're growing up, they wait till they're grown and gone and harass you to death to teach them stuff you already tried to do a long time ago....
oh well.

No, I'm not in DC, my daughter is. I'm in West central Florida, citrus county. The eye of the hurricane came right through where I live. We didn't have much damage I only had 1 downed tree. We were just barely missed by a tornado that tore up all the trees as well as the power poles at the end of the street. We were out of power for three or four days and had a lot of tree debris to clean up but otherwise we did pretty good. Our gas stations on the other hand were mostly out of gas for well over a week. Our grocery store's barely had any food and it took them almost a week to get power back as well. Walmart still has some holes on their shelves. We had a lot of out of state power companies here that helped tremendously with getting our power back on as fast as it was. If it wasn't for them I feel like we'd still be without power in some areas.

FedEx and UPS both don't like to tell you that you could save some money when it's available. If you don't ask they don't tell! I'm glad you got a good deal :D

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lolol! Yeah but at least my "excuses" are legit [emoji6] [emoji28] Just don't have too many kids! They're the reason I'm so busy even though they're grown and moved out- AND they like to hit you up all at once! They don't appreciate you trying to teach them something as they're growing up, they wait till they're grown and gone and harass you to death to teach them stuff you already tried to do a long time ago....
oh well.
I hope they are not in to reefing and on this forum to read this. Lol :p
It would make a great Thanksgiving conversation though. ;Facepalm

The tank is looking lovely!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are not in to reefing and on this forum to read this. Lol [emoji14]
It would make a great Thanksgiving conversation though. ;Facepalm

The tank is looking lovely!
Hi Janci, thank you!

Hahaha, no they're not on this forum, even if they were it wouldn't matter cuz I say the same thing to them! ... and we do discuss this on Thanksgiving [emoji12]

Honestly I don't mind helping them out but it would be nice for some me time also LOL

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Jackie! Do you still have any of the corals that you got from me way back when?
Thank you Chris! ....its been a long road to recovery, almost there ;) I have only a few :( I lost a TON of coral when it crashed. I have the Idaho grape Monti cap, German blue digitata and peacock paly's left. I lost ALL my acros, nearly lost the monti's but they are coming back. LPS and most zoa's and paly's are fine. Although I thought I lost one of my Favia's but I can see eyes in the middle of the skeleton again. I am still very depressed over the acro's as you know how long it took me to be able to grow them and they were growing out beautifully at the time of the crash. Matter of fact I was constantly fragging them. I know you understand how I feel...

Have you restarted your tank?

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jackie.
I hope all is going well by now.
And you might have had a little more you-time by now.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jackie.
I hope all is going well by now.
And you might have had a little more you-time by now.
Hi Janci,

Thank you [emoji5] Doing good but exhausted. I finally got the tree up however not until Christmas day but we never made it before dinner guests arrived to be adorned with its ornaments. This is the 1st year ever that has happened. I am honestly glad that holidays are over so I can get back to regular everyday life LOL! Next week is week for me woohoo! They've been pretty neglected to this past month but are hanging in there [emoji6]

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I haven't been around much at all the past couple of months! This time of year is very difficult for me to spend time on the forums or the web in general for that matter. But I made it through alive LOL! Next week I am working on all of the tanks in the house, mainly the 180 and 45. So once I get some of that work done I'll be doing more updating and traveling around the Forum as usual LOL.

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful 2018!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I haven't been around much at all the past couple of months! This time of year is very difficult for me to spend time on the forums or the web in general for that matter. But I made it through alive LOL! Next week I am working on all of the tanks in the house, mainly the 180 and 45. So once I get some of that work done I'll be doing more updating and traveling around the Forum as usual LOL.

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful 2018!
Happy New Year! May your tanks continue to flourish in the new year! And I hope you have a great year as well. :)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Newyear to you Jackie and all your family.
I am happy you survived the holidays so far. Hahaha... every year we are looking forward for those days but when they finally are over, everybody is happy to have survived it.

Good luck next week!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackie,
Happy New Year, to you too :)

Freddie
Happy New Year! May your tanks continue to flourish in the new year! And I hope you have a great year as well. :)
Happy Newyear to you Jackie and all your family.
I am happy you survived the holidays so far. Hahaha... every year we are looking forward for those days but when they finally are over, everybody is happy to have survived it.

Good luck next week!
Happy New Year, can't wait for updates. :)
Thank you all :D

It's been rough (time wise) these past months for me. I also injured my left thumb and right inner arm. Lifted something way too heavy by myself and it got away from me and I tried to catch it. I couldn't wait for help because there was no help available LOL. I'm just not as young and strong as I used to be yet I continue to try! My daughter was supposed to be able to get her daughter in daycare during the week and let go of her weekend job which would have freed up some time for me... But that didn't happen. There were no spaces available in the daycare that she hoped for and can't find another one suitable and her weekend job is begging her not to go. So I have the baby most of the week and all weekend. Plus I've had other things like car issues that I've been dealing with in the interim. Fixed the car, fixed the water softener unit, still working on well issues, and still working on getting the tree out of the backyard. And all by myself I replaced the furniture and carpeting in my living room... All while babysitting! However my tanks are suffering [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I have an aptasia break out in the 180 and I'm sure it's because I tried to kill what was left after my wrasses got the nudibranches. Part of me feels like I need to tear this tank down and started over. Or at least a good portion of it. Of course being able to have more time for maintenance would help tremendously I'm sure. While one of my other daughter's goes on vacation she's going to babysit my granddaughter so that I can go visit my other daughter, the youngest, in DC. I'll be gone from this coming Monday through to the beginning of March. The daughter that is going to be babysitting my other daughter's baby is also going to be keeping an eye on my tank and feeding my fish and my grandson will be making sure the ATO stays full on all tanks while I'm away.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back