prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear Jackie.
Was the doser still on in the week of these test results? If yes than it explains the parameters.

Some events are not in our hands but reefers don't hear down... we build.
Hope the tank finds it balance soon.
That's true... depression talking... I'm at a point though that I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do now aside from water changes what's up and doing so much of that I've gone through two 200 gallon boxes of salt. And about to order another. I don't feel that much water changes is good either because I have a gut feeling it's going to create other problems on top of this.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say let it be
I understand u want to do something as I'm sure if I was in ur situation I would be doing everything I can to save them but at the same time stability is the key in this hobby the more you change the less things stay stable.

The damage is donebut the happy news is it's a fresh restart and when my corals are fragable I'll glad u add to the list with @locito277 for you to have my backups.

If you learn anything from this bad situation it's a gain down the road.

Don't quit or give up I can tell u enjoy this hobby to much and ur tank is so beautiful to be done with it.

Now u can take all the information over the last couple years you learned and start fresh with another amazing tank.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say let it be
I understand u want to do something as I'm sure if I was in ur situation I would be doing everything I can to save them but at the same time stability is the key in this hobby the more you change the less things stay stable.

The damage is donebut the happy news is it's a fresh restart and when my corals are fragable I'll glad u add to the list with @locito277 for you to have my backups.

If you learn anything from this bad situation it's a gain down the road.

Don't quit or give up I can tell u enjoy this hobby to much and ur tank is so beautiful to be done with it.

Now u can take all the information over the last couple years you learned and start fresh with another amazing tank.
Thank you Justin that is so nice of you, I appreciate it :D !!!

You're right, I am just going to ride the rest of this out and try to keep it as stable as I can in the meantime. Let me tell you, it is VERY difficult to do that during a crash.

On the bright side maybe I can finally get those awful green palys out of the tank [emoji12] Time to make more diy rock!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_Now_, you're talkin' like a reefer!

My heart is kind of breaking for you - I know what it's like to see something I've worked hard on, something I love, circle the drain, and to have that feeling of inevitability. Observe. Analyze. Recover. Rebuild.

~Bruce

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_Now_, you're talkin' like a reefer!

My heart is kind of breaking for you - I know what it's like to see something I've worked hard on, something I love, circle the drain, and to have that feeling of inevitability. Observe. Analyze. Recover. Rebuild.

~Bruce
Thank you Bruce... I guess we all go through highs and lows when these things happen. I've never had a tank crash before. Yes I've had problems in the past but I have never lost Coral to this extent. I not only feel bad because I lost the coral but because they're a living thing that died or are dying in my care and there is nothing much I can do about it :(

Yes, I will rebuild, I'm sure I will but have come super close to giving up. You guys all helped a lot with that and I appreciate it :D

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is what my tank looks like now. I have removed many corals as I've said before and tomorrow I'm going to have to cut out the blueberry fields tort , Cali tort, yellow Carolinian table and an unnamed blue stag... I have no time to do it today since I babysit in an hour. My blue Stylo and thick green birdsnest are also not looking very well however they're not real bad off either so I'm going to wait them out.
cd2a242dbe1b72d7de89b92a379c4f23.jpg
f3f64c83a800c32125985597ed41c7c1.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bali green slimer is mostly brown and I have clipped off some bad branches in hopes of saving it. Monti's or all types seem to be recovering. More than likely that's due to the higher po4 + no.3. I also changed out the carbon again as well as gfo this morning. I need to be careful not to strip the tank and I've decided to do one 26 gallon water change every other day until I get numbers I'm happy with and everything starts looking better. I have also ordered 5280 copepods from algae Barn and Ocean Magik Live phytoplankton. Those have been added to the tank as well. I really wish I could Harvest the chaeto from my seahorse sump to add to this tank period but I can't until I get rid of the flatworms from that system. I do have a little bit in the sump for the 180 but it's not nearly enough.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From up here in CT, all I can see is the great beauty that still rules that tank - you've got a lot of good in there still!

~Bruce
Awe thanks :) I cut out the big blueberry fields, purple monster, Cali tort, pink pocillopora and 2 other acros tonight. My hopes is by getting rid of the Nearly Dead skeletons that are going to die anyway that they'll be less of their toxins going into the system. Which may actually help me save what's left. I have a feeling all acro's are going to become history. I'm just going to have to start them over is all.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Richard :D I'm going to wait 2-3 months to be sure the tank is stable again. And when your saramentosa is quite a bit larger ;) I appreciate it very much!

Your tank looks great!!!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a little story about the saramentosa... I went to a new lfs in Ocala and they were just getting into acro's. I saw this tiny little green frag marked $15. It wasn't special looking but I was in the market for a deep green Acro. They didn't know which one it was by name and offered it to me for $5 if I bought it today. After it was in my tank a few weeks it started to get its true colors. After investigating I found out it was a saramentosa and was rarely seen for sale. I can see why... it turned into an exquisite gem :D

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch your alk as you bring the nutrients down. I learned the hard way that when nutrients go down and alk goes up simultaneously and too quickly, it's not good news for SPS.

I'm with Bruce, the tank still looks great!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back