Jamaican reefers need you Randy!AB+/ Par/Lux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Is Lux a useful tool to ballpark PAR when using set spectrums such as AB+?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo bless up Breddas. Big up. When it comes to corals I'm not worried but definitely I wouldn't put livestock in. I can't eat enough Lionfish to save the reefs by myself and people are still skeptical. I think the Atlantic would do well with transplanting some coral species here. Our reefs are in need of some TLC and some replanting and the Pacific needs a break. What better way to coral farm than to do it naturally in a controlled environment as long as it is not detrimental to existing reefs. @vetteguy53081 Which paah yu come from Bredda? I bet @randyBRS didn't know that they had Jamaican fans. Lol. I want to give a huge shout out to @Chaswood79. This man ya adi real deal. Zimi.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why after I signed in my post was tripled. Apologies to the moderator.

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yoo. Fairy hill Portland in the house!!! I live in Miami but home will always be home [emoji1135][emoji1135][emoji1135]

ffe51603aba24209017aa927bdfd1599.jpg

In other news I run my AI hydra 52 non HD 12 inches over a 30G Cube and have experienced no bleaching or crazy shimmer or light breaking up in the shadows

IMG_9390.jpg

Port Antonio JA Home
6c3ca46ff5d37cf33c52e186b1bf90a4.jpg

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up @SKYHIGGh ! Glad to see more brothers. As a Jamaican though i know di man dem well wah hear from two a wi Jamaican reefer chics. Wondah if any out deh. LOL.

Portland has the best variety of corals and fish species in the reefer sense ive heard. You guys have Royal Grammas and things easily found i heard. Need to take a drive soon.

Thanks for the input of your schedule mi bredda. I would still like to see some lux numbers though. Spectrum is one thing we have an idea about but id love to see Lux intensities. Im trying to plug numbers to find averages.

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yoo. Fairy hill Portland in the house!!! I live in Miami but home will always be home [emoji1135][emoji1135][emoji1135]

In other news I run my AI hydra 52 non HD 12 inches over a 30G Cube and have experienced no bleaching or crazy shimmer or light breaking up in the shadows

IMG_9390.jpg

Port Antonio JA Home

A hoo dis? Weh you da ina Miami? Mi liv ina Miami to. Near Miami dade college offa sw 104 st. Is one skull dat pon the lef side a d tank? LOL

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Chaswood- ya mon". Me come from Wisconsin, but mi' Fadda from Kingston dem and we here are Jamericans if BRS can figure out what a jamerican is.
Mi luv lillyfield liquers and Tia Maria and Appleton estate. The chukka place dem have good mango and sugar cane and sorrel syrup to mi rum. Just tinking bout some good cooked curry goat over rice and peas wid sum boiled banana.....lad mi mouth wata suh !~!

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A hoo dis? Weh you da ina Miami? Mi liv ina Miami to. Near Miami dade college offa sw 104 st. Is one skull dat pon the lef side a d tank? LOL

Yea I live down south in homestead but work close to your area. We should link up and do some reef talk lol

And yes it’s a skull I have some montipora on it trying to see if they will encrust and cover it up was an thing I bought on a beach in the Bahamas pirates of Caribbean skull lol
All the rocks as well for the most part I brought up from JA in my carry on bag lol they had so much pink coralline algae I had to bring it back home from Winnifred beach up in fairy hill Ja

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaswood- ya mon". Me come from Wisconsin, but mi' Fadda from Kingston dem and we here are Jamericans if BRS can figure out what a jamerican is.
Mi luv lillyfield liquers and Tia Maria and Appleton estate. The chukka place dem have good mango and sugar cane and sorrel syrup to mi rum. Just tinking bout some good cooked curry goat over rice and peas wid sum boiled banana.....lad mi mouth wata suh !~!

You made me hungry I could go for some fry sprat and escovich and breadfruit right now!

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I live down south in homestead but work close to your area. We should link up and do some reef talk lol

And yes it’s a skull I have some montipora on it trying to see if they will encrust and cover it up was an thing I bought on a beach in the Bahamas pirates of Caribbean skull lol
All the rocks as well for the most part I brought up from JA in my carry on bag lol they had so much pink coralline algae I had to bring it back home from Winnifred beach up in fairy hill Ja
You brought them in wet (coralline rock) from Jamaica? How did you manage that with customs? You need to bring a few frags in man. Id super appreciate it star.

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You brought them in wet (coralline rock) from Jamaica? How did you manage that with customs? You need to bring a few frags in man. Id super appreciate it star.

Yes. I just put some rocks in Bags with a little water from the beach and brought it home with me. I had one or two in my carry on and the rest in my checked bag. No one asked a thing coming back into the us from Ja.

I did not try any frags or corals as I think it’s a crime maybe I could be wrong. I’m sure I could have but was not prepared to transport or don’t really know the rules. The rocks I just figured worse case I toss them.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I just put some rocks in Bags with a little water from the beach and brought it home with me. I had one or two in my carry on and the rest in my checked bag. No one asked a thing coming back into the us from Ja.

I did not try any frags or corals as I think it’s a crime maybe I could be wrong. I’m sure I could have but was not prepared to transport or don’t really know the rules. The rocks I just figured worse case I toss them.

Taking a frag out yes but taking in is doubtful. Especially if they dont see it. lol. Worse case scenario, they toss it. Man it would have been wicked to get a few tough sticks in but we may never know. I wonder whats the minimum size a frag can be to survive? Been trying to get a few of those pretty birdsnest or pocillopora and other digi and cap frags. Its been hell. LOL

JamaicanReefer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_9390.jpg

Port Antonio JA Home
Hey how are you doing im in fort lauderdale great job on the tanks how long u had this up. Im also using the AI PrimeHD loving it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dats not mi tank

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back