OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it isn't the current price tag.
This just in.
02520a59621c3e51d6be8c540cf9d496197a3d31-14.jpg
Bta is probably after my ZOA's. And will probably lose
That’s what I’m looking for - nice healthy stock without the crazy price tag. I found a super nice 125g setup for $1,500, that has a yellow tang, a really healthy oooking clown pair, a group of chromis, etc.

—-

Just move the zoa frag away from the BTA. I would never personally have any of my frags that close to mine.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s what I’m looking for - nice healthy stock without the crazy price tag. I found a super nice 125g setup for $1,500, that has a yellow tang, a really healthy oooking clown pair, a group of chromis, etc.

—-

Just move the zoa frag away from the BTA. I would never personally have any of my frags that close to mine.
No. My dumb moment is kicking in.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll finally be able to light up the corners, lol. It’ll look 50% better I guarantee you. So will the coral!
I haven’t looked at the specs of this light too closely (I think the contest wasn’t for a specific light but one to fit your specific tank, right?), but it should really improve the coloration of your corals. The black boxes and lower end LED lights will absolutely grow corals, but you really need proper spectrum blue lighting (including UV) to get the best coloration out of your corals. So I’m excited to see how much brighter and more colorful your corals will become (and it happens pretty quickly, usually within a few weeks), I think you will be pretty shocked at the difference.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t looked at the specs of this light too closely (I think the contest wasn’t for a specific light but one to fit your specific tank, right?), but it should really improve the coloration of your corals. The black boxes and lower end LED lights will absolutely grow corals, but you really need proper spectrum blue lighting (including UV) to get the best coloration out of your corals. So I’m excited to see how much brighter and more colorful your corals will become (and it happens pretty quickly, usually within a few weeks), I think you will be pretty shocked at the difference.
Not sure if these help any? I hear it’s a good like and some what compares to the Radion?
8C51AD52-9B1A-4EE2-B963-35814261F2BE.jpeg 60A241D7-0DFA-4006-B7A9-FE126C0DFA0D.jpeg
I also believe I won the K7 V3. I’ll probably just get one though, because of how small my tank is. :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
phone camera. I got a new side view of the bta and took a few shots.

This is with orphek lens 15k. I dont like it one bit. Over saturates the color and gives 0 gradient.
bta 15k.jpg
no lens. no filters.
Blurry because of the angle. Not the same detail as the camera. I don't like the lenses.
bta nolens.jpg

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on winning the light! Nice looking tank too!

I love your torch, I haven’t really seen that color. Is it green in person or kind of teal/blue? It looks very healthy. Any idea where it’s from?

I read you’re planning on upgrading tanks, that’s awesome! I upgraded my 30 gallon to a 75 after like 3 months, the reef bug can really get you!

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
phone camera. I got a new side view of the bta and took a few shots.

This is with orphek lens 15k. I dont like it one bit. Over saturates the color and gives 0 gradient.
bta 15k.jpg
no lens. no filters.
Blurry because of the angle. Not the same detail as the camera. I don't like the lenses.
bta nolens.jpg
Awesome BTA! Super cool colors. I can’t get mine to bubble, it stays all stringy.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome BTA! Super cool colors. I can’t get mine to bubble, it stays all stringy.
mines a bit weird for sure. This was slightly after I turned whites off. It does that for the white lights.
This is current.
bta bubbles.jpg
And when it approaches bed time. It takes this shape.
bta 12.jpg

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on winning the light! Nice looking tank too!
Thank you!!

I love your torch, I haven’t really seen that color. Is it green in person or kind of teal/blue? It looks very healthy.
Any idea where it’s from?

It looks more like this in person:
567518B5-1C36-4369-B4FD-7E4FEA41B917.jpeg

(Phone camera is terrible for capturing accurate colors :rolleyes:

Any idea where it’s from?
I actually got it from @Joe Knows Reefs in his last live sale. It is super healthy. :D

I read you’re planning on upgrading tanks, that’s awesome! I upgraded my 30 gallon to a 75 after like 3 months, the reef bug can really get you!
It really can! I’m super excited to upgrade once I move. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back