James’s 29g Nano Build

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, I love my anemone! Best purchase yet 20210915_184132.jpg

I had to get rid of my pbt. Sometimes we have to make tough choices. There's no promise a larger aquarium will stop the aggression.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is she eating ? how do fins and tail look?
are you seeing aggression?
Sorry, just now saw this.

He is eating, but not very much. Spends most of his time up in the corner.

Fins are ragged, at least his tail fin is.

Dottyback was going haywire on something earlier, but I was too far away to see if it was the goby or a hermit crab or something. :(

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I love my anemone! Best purchase yet 20210915_184132.jpg

I had to get rid of my pbt. Sometimes we have to make tough choices. There's no promise a larger aquarium will stop the aggression.
Lookin’ good!

Mine... not so much:
29788AD5-30CE-4AC6-9D4F-44A79D6DAFD9.jpeg

My boy is shrunk. Been like that for around 4 hours I would say?

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did it poop last? Mine poops every night.
Didn’t even know they did that, lol.

Doing much better this morning:
C6826EF5-8761-45A8-B1A4-F87938D6C0C1.jpeg
5283BA6E-DC13-4D46-8662-3BC097D02CB8.jpeg
528A720B-E7BD-4FF2-B17B-9A00767FDD74.jpeg

I’m going to try to get another section of the sand done today as well, but I might not have time for it. (I have school the rest of the day and then practice tonight)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Didn’t even know they did that, lol.

Doing much better this morning:
C6826EF5-8761-45A8-B1A4-F87938D6C0C1.jpeg
5283BA6E-DC13-4D46-8662-3BC097D02CB8.jpeg
528A720B-E7BD-4FF2-B17B-9A00767FDD74.jpeg

I’m going to try to get another section of the sand done today as well, but I might not have time for it. (I have school the rest of the day and then practice tonight)
My issue is seeing the leather. Is it always droopy?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always told to run nems in 250 par or higher is this still correct?
If so I'd say the problem is its not getting enough light.
I have a cpl shrooms that will shrink up just like that if they aren't sitting in enough par.
Biggest problem for you is I don't see how your going to achieve 250 without putting the corals on floor at risk.

Wyze Cam Chunky Shroom Spam:D
Screenshot_20210916-094101_Wyze.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always figured, bta will go where they like it most. I'm no expert and hardly a novice. I'm very new to bta's. Moving it, could cause it to move back downward.
For sure. There may be a bta that requires less par that in not aware of.
Whenever I've reached to snag a bta the first thing reefers or vendor asks is what kind of par am I running. Probably because they know I'm a shroom head and can't provide enough in my system.
I've always been cautioned to stay 250 par or more for bta.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whenever I've reached to snag a bta the first thing reefers or vendor asks is what kind of par am I running. Probably because they know I'm a shroom head and can't provide enough in my system.
I don't know honestly. But, I should have posted all my bta photos.
I have a par meter, but after reading information about the new seneye. I don't know if I can trust it. My bta is at 150par. I did scape the rock to go to 350. Mine won't move from his rock.
Arrival. Nice rosey color.
bta arrival.jpg
bta in a bag.jpg
Placement, doesn't look like the same bta I have, does it?
bta005.jpg
2 hours later
bta hidding.jpg
Taken july 28th., This is just to show where it stayed until I butchered the rock.
neighbors.jpg

So, I don't think I can move mine at all, I am sure it would travel downward if I moved him up.
That is the very spot he is today.
fts001.jpg

You can spot him rather easy. The color went from rose to orange. Would mine gain the rose color back if I could get him up to 250?

I find bta's to be very interesting. My last one roamed non stop and was never happy. Withered away to nothing.

I should throw this all in my build....

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know honestly. But, I should have posted all my bta photos.
I have a par meter, but after reading information about the new seneye. I don't know if I can trust it. My bta is at 150par. I did scape the rock to go to 350. Mine won't move from his rock.
Arrival. Nice rosey color.
bta arrival.jpg
bta in a bag.jpg
Placement, doesn't look like the same bta I have, does it?
bta005.jpg
2 hours later
bta hidding.jpg
Taken july 28th., This is just to show where it stayed until I butchered the rock.
neighbors.jpg

So, I don't think I can move mine at all, I am sure it would travel downward if I moved him up.
That is the very spot he is today.
fts001.jpg

You can spot him rather easy. The color went from rose to orange. Would mine gain the rose color back if I could get him up to 250?

I find bta's to be very interesting. My last one roamed non stop and was never happy. Withered away to nothing.

I should throw this all in my build....
Interesting and great to know. Yes ive seen the posts on seneye but did check my older version seneye to par meter and was as close as advertised on brs investigates. Having said that i can attest to the general overall inaccuracies on basicly every other param level and to be totally honest if par meter wasn't correct id have tossed the seneye in trash long-ago lol.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are all those corals still on the sand?
Yeah, James you really should mount the corals on your rocks. Having them in the sand means they’re constantly getting jostled around (that usually won’t bother most softies, but most stony corals have evolved to stay in one place for their entire lives, getting moved around, even just a little bit can cause them to not fully extend or to grow/encrust. Plus it just looks better/more natural.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue is seeing the leather. Is it always droopy?
It has been since I moved it around after the clean. Maybe it’s in a bad location? (Too much flow?)

Why are all those corals still on the sand?
Don’t have anywhere to put them. I don’t want to glue them to rocks yet because I don’t know if I will need to do another rip clean soon.

Yeah, James you really should mount the corals on your rocks. Having them in the sand means they’re constantly getting jostled around (that usually won’t bother most softies, but most stony corals have evolved to stay in one place for their entire lives, getting moved around, even just a little bit can cause them to not fully extend or to grow/encrust. Plus it just looks better/more natural.
I would, but here again, I don’t know how permanent the rock work setup is right now.

(this is why I think I would benefit from a frag rack. Having a rack would keep them all in place and it would also be super easy to remove it if I needed to do another rip clean)

I would run all water tests. Also, since they don't demand as much light as other corals, I wonder if it doesn't like the light it is receiving?
I have no idea what my PAR is unfortunately. I had heard they don’t appreciate super bright lights, so that’s why I moved it down there.

The rock work is just sort of a big mess because of the rip clean.

I would EVENTUALLY like for all the rock work to connected, so 1) they won’t fall down when I touch the stack, and 2) so I can easily remove the whole structure.

Back