OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone. Skittlebomb favia blue pic :)
81445272-4284-4393-B464-D5726F135821.jpeg

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, as long as the washers for the bulkheads are soft and flexible, or havent been removed, leaks arent going to happen from the bulkheads. thats been sealed. if the bulkhead is loosened, yes you'll get issues and need to reseal it.

edit: there is actual lube brs recommends to use when sealing up bulkheads. to make sure it is air tight
I used a food grade silicone lube for zoo exhibits I used to take care of. It's called Aladdin magic lube no 2.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Most don't even give a name. Just where to buy it.
1632492800187.png

This is what it looks like. Remember, this is Aladdin Magic Lube II. Do not use Magic Lube I (the blue cap version), as I believe it is not environmentally safe and uses PTFE instead of silicone.
1632492882872.png

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got nothing right now. Torches are waking up. Hoping the surviving aussie is not infected. I may need to go buy some chemi clean and run a dose . Don't know how it will treat my fuge. Painful stuff.
Same my corals are delayed they were suppose to be here at 10:30 it’s now 1:18 .-.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I really don’t want to, I think I may have to rehome the goby. It just stays in the corner all day. It occasionally eats, but I think the dottyback is scaring it.

The dottyback is perfectly fine with the clowns, they actually swim together sometimes. But it just hates the goby. :(

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I really don’t want to, I think I may have to rehome the goby. It just stays in the corner all day. It occasionally eats, but I think the dottyback is scaring it.

The dottyback is perfectly fine with the clowns, they actually swim together sometimes. But it just hates the goby. :(
Personally, I’d get rid of the dottyback, it’s going to remain aggressive to pretty much anything smaller than it, keeping it is going to limit what other fish you can get (and in a nano, most of those are smaller fish).

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I’d get rid of the dottyback, it’s going to remain aggressive to pretty much anything smaller than it, keeping it is going to limit what other fish you can get (and in a nano, most of those are smaller fish).
I agree, that fish is just gonna bully every little fish you bring in there. And I’m not surprised he gets along with clown fish there both evil

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually, even if the fish is bigger by 3 times. It wont stand a chance against the dotty. They are like torpedoes. They shoot - hit - hide, rinse and repeat until fish is dead. My last and only six line wrasse did this. It was a monster. Unlike tangs who will relentlessly stab other fish.

But yuh, he's stuck with just the clowns and the dotty. Or, trade in dotty and have more options.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m able to get a 93g+ cube I would definitely want a yellow tang. Wouldn’t my stocking be limited to just the tang and the clowns because of how aggressive the tang is?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back