696E7B13-52F9-44F5-AD7D-23039247A458.jpeg

HUGE growth as you can see. ;)

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I order mine on June 12th, which means I’ve had them for a little over 4 months?
I have to say I was at work very slow day and James I have to say your tank has came along way! I’m happy I was along for the journey I know you have a long way to go ! And can’t wait to seee what you create

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say I was at work very slow day and James I have to say your tank has came along way! I’m happy I was along for the journey I know you have a long way to go ! And can’t wait to seee what you create
Thank you so much! I’m very proud of it.

I’m still now aure what I want to do moving forward, in regards to this 125g. It’s a good deal, but here again, no sump.

That means in order to even get it wet, I would need to borrow additional from my parents, which wouldn’t look to good.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you so much! I’m very proud of it.

I’m still now aure what I want to do moving forward, in regards to this 125g. It’s a good deal, but here again, no sump.

That means in order to even get it wet, I would need to borrow additional from my parents, which wouldn’t look to good.
Going to have to figure this one out. I'd say use a 40g b as a baffleless sump. Or get a battle kit and glue the panels in yourself. By glue, silicone

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this may be the not so great option but why not wait until you eventually move out. A big tank while more stable can also be much more of a headache. Especially if it is at your parents house and you’ll eventually have to move it to a new place which can be a nightmare. With a small tank it’s easy to pull rocks out and clean them or do wcs. A big tank increases everything ( cost of salt, bigger rodi, more lights, plumbing, etc). I hate to be that guy but if you’re struggling for the funds to get a larger tank you’re not gonna have the funds to maintain it.

I just bought a house last year and thought I’d be setting up a 150-180g. Other priorities got in the way and I just have my 20 currently. Maybe spend on some new lights for your tank and good test kits or a better rodi, idk make the 29 look really good. Once again sorry if I’m being that guy, I do think your tank is getting there!

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this may be the not so great option but why not wait until you eventually move out. A big tank while more stable can also be much more of a headache. Especially if it is at your parents house and you’ll eventually have to move it to a new place which can be a nightmare. With a small tank it’s easy to pull rocks out and clean them or do wcs. A big tank increases everything ( cost of salt, bigger rodi, more lights, plumbing, etc). I hate to be that guy but if you’re struggling for the funds to get a larger tank you’re not gonna have the funds to maintain it.

I just bought a house last year and thought I’d be setting up a 150-180g. Other priorities got in the way and I just have my 20 currently. Maybe spend on some new lights for your tank and good test kits or a better rodi, idk make the 29 look really good. Once again sorry if I’m being that guy, I do think your tank is getting there!
I was hoping to win the Noop. light, but someone won it that only posted one post in the entire thread. :oops:

I entered every single day, and this guy gets chosen. Not sure quite how, but it’s kind of disappointing. :/

I do get what you’re saying though.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I might look into getting something smaller, such as a 40, 60, or 93 gallon cube. That way it’s still a larger tank but sort of more contained?

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 40 breeder is a really nice tank! I think all I was saying is while a bigger tank can = more stability it can also equal much bigger problems and higher maintenance costs. You can definitely budget some stuff but depending on size you're looking at an easy 1.5-3k to upgrade just for tank, lights, skimmer, sump, return pump, more powerheads, larger rodi, etc. unless you find someone who has the greatest deal ever.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 40 breeder is a really nice tank! I think all I was saying is while a bigger tank can = more stability it can also equal much bigger problems and higher maintenance costs. You can definitely budget some stuff but depending on size you're looking at an easy 1.5-3k to upgrade just for tank, lights, skimmer, sump, return pump, more powerheads, larger rodi, etc. unless you find someone who has the greatest deal ever.
I’m really wanting a cube for some reason, I just love the look.

I’m still looking every day on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for deals.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back