James’s 29g Nano Build

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it works, that's all that matters. My lights don't work. Birdsnest is 6 months old and no visible growth. Acropora very little growth. NooP may not be here till next week. No shipping update. Arrangements were made. We'll see what takes place.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the thing about science and why it’s so flawed. Today’s scientific fact is tomorrow’s joke of the day.
ive got mine on 12 hours with 1 1/2 hour ramp on each end and just 4 hours of peak light at midday. I dunno.
Yes I heard the same about 5-6 hours max intensity is all corals need but again who knows what they really need I actually lowered my intensity on my lights 70% across all channels and whites at 29% now I have a par reading of 70-150 through out the whole tank top to bottom so coral placement is easier for me. I’ll see if the corals like the change I also have an 1 hour ramp up and ramp down but my whites come on after 2 hours so from 12-1 blues 2-10 full spectrum 10-11 blues. It’s working so far I believe

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you read that 6-7 hours of light thing ? Goes against everything I’ve read and heard.
I don’t even know how to put my prime in acclimation mode. Lol
Also I couldn’t believe the par measurements I was getting with AI prime at 10” and 100 across the blues/ violets/ UV I was getting 120-180 par around the tank I didn’t even hit 200 lol

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I couldn’t believe the par measurements I was getting with AI prime at 10” and 100 across the blues/ violets/ UV I was getting 120-180 par around the tank I didn’t even hit 200 lol
What did you use to test par? Really makes me wonder what mine is at now!

fltohi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a little bit of a difference, looks like it’s more orange in the second picture. (But it is very hard to tell from a photo ;))

That’s cool! Yup, I totally missed it. Where did you hear about it?
Honestly just googled reef swaps near me. But they have a whole club and everything think I will go to a meeting or two to check it out.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly just googled reef swaps near me. But they have a whole club and everything think I will go to a meeting or two to check it out.
Never knew about these guys:

Were they the ones that hosted it?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Morning guys!

Got an update from Noopysche last night. They have been really busy the last few weeks, but they did get it set for delivery yesterday. He said that because of how busy the port was, it may be a couple more days before it actually ships. (It’s coming from China)

So I can probably expect to get it in 7-10 days.
i wonder, did you pay for shipping, or did r2r?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t know if Noopysche just sent it to me or if R2R payed for it. But I certainly didn’t pay a thing.
I was asking because of tracking. I don't know if you'll see a tracking number.
Edit: if you didn't make the order on their website, you're just going to be waiting blindly :(

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asking because of tracking. I don't know if you'll see a tracking number.
Edit: if you didn't make the order on their website, you're just going to be waiting blindly :(
Tis’ true. :/

Oh well. It’s not like my other light quit on me, and I desperately need a new one. But I am excited to get it.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tis’ true. :/

Oh well. It’s not like my other light quit on me, and I desperately need a new one. But I am excited to get it.
One form or another, it's going to be beyond better. Mount and bracket, controller. Nice clean look. It should have proper par spread.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One form or another, it's going to be beyond better. Mount and bracket, controller. Nice clean look. It should have proper par spread.
Yes ! If you think your corals look juicy now wait untill you get this light ! But remember if this new light has an acclimation mode i would use it since it’s gonna put out way more then the black box in my opinion

Back