James’s 29g Nano Build

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most LPS will do just fine with slight alkalinity fluctuations, but torches are finicky and can be pouty, and I’m just venturing a guess that that’s the issue. But it’s an easy fix. But again, IME, torches don’t retract their polyps as they split.
Dangit, I lost my photo.
Where is it james? I have it on his build thread I posted for him. They do retract when tearing that flesh. I assume each piece could take more time than others. My aussie, while splitting wouldn't even eat in that month time frame of finalizing.
I do have a currently octospawn splitting. NO picture. But it takes time to separate and while doing so, it retracts and looks like it's going to vomit.
I'll look for it.

Also, pics! I want to see to make sure it is from a split and not stress.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dangit, I lost my photo.
Where is it james? I have it on his build thread I posted for him. They do retract when tearing that flesh. I assume each piece could take more time than others. My aussie, while splitting wouldn't even eat in that month time frame of finalizing.
I do have a currently octospawn splitting. NO picture. But it takes time to separate and while doing so, it retracts and looks like it's going to vomit.
I'll look for it.

I'll try to get some pics after school.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I give up,. Hundreds of pages to look through. I don't remember the date I posted. You remember james. All that matters. I great you with!
bubbles.jpg

Good morning. Cruppy phone camera though :*(

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dangit, I lost my photo.
I'll look for it.

Yes, when the split has progressed to the point where the two heads are completely separated and the flesh is at the final stage of completely separating you might see some polyp retraction, but in general a split is a several month long process and polyps don’t usually retract for long periods of time. I would think retracting for a month is pretty unusual, at least unusual enough to investigate that there isn’t another cause. Also, in the most recent photo of the torch in question, it doesn’t look like it’s progressed to where the flesh is separating. I hope I’m wrong, but IME, prolonged retraction isn’t normal during a split.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, when the split has progressed to the point where the two heads are completely separated and the flesh is at the final stage of completely separating you might see some polyp retraction, but in general a split is a several month long process and polyps don’t usually retract for long periods of time. I would think retracting for a month is pretty unusual, at least unusual enough to investigate that there isn’t another cause. Also, in the most recent photo of the torch in question, it doesn’t look like it’s progressed to where the flesh is separating. I hope I’m wrong, but IME, prolonged retraction isn’t normal during a split.
I am sure his should be at that stage. They looked about 4 months in. It's why i did ask for pictures.

Edit: I know the time frame for my aussie was 8 months to split fully. I have yet to witness an indo split.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever want to hear what he does, i'll dm a link. It's what puts me to sleep.

Edit: In a good way. I have bad anxiety.
I’d like to hear if you don’t mind I always enjoy new music. It controls my ADHD

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back