Welcome to the Reef2Reef POTM Contest - Photo of the Month
Sponsored by Avast Marine!
This month's subject - Favias
Deadline to Enter: January 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm (EST)
This month, let's focus on what I think is one of the prettiest LPS corals around... FAVIAS!! Remember, the photo has to have been taken by you, and the favia has to be in your aquarium, or the ocean.
This is a photo contest after all and we're looking for the best photograph. Yes, you can use a post-editing product to better your pictures. In fact, we encourage it. And a helpful little tip...don't forget about the cropping feature. I say this every month but composition can have a big impact on a photo. Play around with the cropping tool and it may surprise you.
Prize: POTM Winner Banner, one year free Premium Membership and an Avast Marine Porthole courtesy of Avast Marine. Details below. (Note: Winners located outside the United States will be responsible for applicable shipping costs)
How To Enter:
Entering is easy, just a few simple guidelines to follow:
- Enter ONE photo, taken by you of the subject for the month before the deadline
- If you enter a second photo, it will be deleted so choose wisely before posting your entry
- Multiple entries, off subject photos, or broken image links will be disqualified
- Entries must be submitted before the deadline
- Photo must be taken by you and in your tank or in the ocean
- You must have an avatar uploaded when you enter
- Prior winner (within the last 6 months) are welcome to enter, but not eligible for the prizes
- In order to qualify to win the Avast Marine Porthole you must also like the Avast Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/avast.marine/
The mod team will select up to 15 finalists and a poll will be created and posted in the Reef Discussion Forum. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by Reef2Reef member voting. To be eligible to vote, you must have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts. Votes by members not meeting this criteria will be disregarded in the final count. In the case of a tie, the mod team will assist in choosing the winner. Rules, deadlines and terms are subject to change, without notice, at any time. The winner will be posted and tagged in the voting poll and will have 48 hours to claim the prize.
As this is a photography competition, and the goal is to recognize the highest quality picture. So take your time, do your post shot editing, and submit your best image.
Thanks to Avast Marine for sponsoring the R2R Photo of the month contest