January Meet - Lookong for things and have some things.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: wow huge hands and a small phone aren’t a good combo. Hence the title lol.

Was wondering if anyone had any sticks they wanted to get rid of? I am looking to get into sticks a little heavier on my sons tank and wanted to try some out if anyone has any.

As always, I am looking for nems, so hit me up if anyone has any they need gone. Any nems that host are ok.

Also, I have 4 APC Smart UPS 1500s that are brand new and in my way. They have been sitting boxed up for a year and with an upcoming massive remodel, I need to get them out of the way. There is nothing wrong with them and I am open to trades for corals, anemones, old tanks, and equipment, lol. They are 500 a piece new, but I am not looking for anywhere near that. Heck I am not even sure what I want out of them, besides out of the way so the wife is happy.

I currently am using 4 of them for the tanks in my house. One of them is on my 90 and runs it for 2.5 hours with all equipment running and over 5 hours with the heater and return pump only. Granted all but my heater is dc. The UPSs are actually meant for servers and delicate electronics, and all but the 4 in the box (back ups) were used for that when I worked from home and maintained a server here. The 4 being used now will be coming out after the remodel since we are installing a generator soon after. So I will let y’all know about them as well.

That huge Hollywood Stunner I won in the raffle, I have cut some frags off and they are doing well. I have about 6-7 about the size of a silver dollar that are free if anyone wants any. Just let me know. That thing grows like a weed, so I am sure I can cut some more down the road as well lol.

Also, I have about 10-15 small hermit crabs if anyone wants any. They are free as well. I had to pull them out and sump bound them. My huge starry blenny loves to pick them up, carry them around and drop them for whatever reason lol. He doesn’t eat them, just plays toss the crab and that isn’t good in a euphillia based tank lol.

Last but not least, I have some excess cheato and a ton of gracillia (about 2-3 gallons) if anyone needs any. It will probably have pods in it and all fish in my tanks go through either copper or cp for 30 days and then antibiotics after that, so it should be ich and parasite free. I can’t guarantee that, but none of my critters ever have spots lol.

Fell free to post here or PM me and look forward to seeing everyone.

jonneyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like a piece of that Hollywood stunner, a few crabs would be nice also. I may have a frag or two to trade for them. A small piece of cheato would be good to.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like a piece of that Hollywood stunner, a few crabs would be nice also. I may have a frag or two to trade for them. A small piece of cheato would be good to.
Copy that. About how big on the cheato? Small piece for my fuge is a volleyball lol.

jonneyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copy that. About how big on the cheato? Small piece for my fuge is a volleyball lol.
No nothing that big, I am working on setting up a remote fuge but haven't got it plumed yet, so I only have room for half that size. Also I have an exotic marine 24" overflow to sell, I used it for a couple years on my 40 breeder worked great would only need new gaskets for the bulkheads, looking to get $100. for it.

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like a frag of the hollywood stunner.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get some chaetos and gracillia. Since when I did hypo I think I whacked them all.... but I dunno if I'll make it to the meeting.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hollywood Stunner that I had to pass on?!? Glad you're enjoying it.

I have a lot of sticks and am setting up a dedicated frag tank since my display tank has turned into a frag tank. Lots of ORA stuff (tri color valida; red planet; Joe the Coral; several montis). Also have some digitata and a big red bubble tip that I can part with.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like I'll be there. So I'll take the Hollywood stunner and both algae. Volleyball size works or whatever size is available. Thanks!

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a Hollywood stunner frag and some cheato and gracillia. I don't need volleyball sized, maybe softball sized. Lol

I can make a frag of a purple tipped acro if you want. Ive also got some green pavona if you want some of that. I'm trying to get more back into sps as well. Used to have the stuff growing out of my tank. Hopefully I'll get back there soon. Don't have much at the moment.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a Hollywood stunner frag and some cheato and gracillia. I don't need volleyball sized, maybe softball sized. Lol

I can make a frag of a purple tipped acro if you want. Ive also got some green pavona if you want some of that. I'm trying to get more back into sps as well. Used to have the stuff growing out of my tank. Hopefully I'll get back there soon. Don't have much at the moment.
Copy that. A small frag of the purple tipped Acro would be awesome to test the waters with.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, there is only 1 hollywood stunner frag left now, so if anyone wants it let me know. More will be ready by next month lol, as this thing grows like a beast.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hollywood Stunner that I had to pass on?!? Glad you're enjoying it.

I have a lot of sticks and am setting up a dedicated frag tank since my display tank has turned into a frag tank. Lots of ORA stuff (tri color valida; red planet; Joe the Coral; several montis). Also have some digitata and a big red bubble tip that I can part with.
Lots of tri-color valida frags available. It's really hardy.

IMG_20181216_241200403.jpg

Last edited:

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the only thing big enough in my tank to try and frag is a birdsnest and purple monti cap.

If interested I can certainly try to get one of each for you.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I looked in my sump and yep my algae are toast from the hypo....surprisingly Kenya tree and green star polyps made it. I had extra so I just toss them in there. Not meant to be a reef tank but they're thriving.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back