Japanese style reef tank

Corne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have welcomed a barred angelfish (multibarred angelfish).
She doesn't eat food yet.I'm worried because she has lost a little weight.
I asked my 9 year old son to feed her because I am going on a business trip tomorrow, but I am not sure he will be able to do it properly. Please!!Son!!
DFC26F76-7EBC-40A3-9CD3-A4ACFF0CBB85.jpeg

7D0D4C40-FFC1-44FF-8846-CCC613A8890C.jpeg

E5E4266D-824F-4F17-8CB7-7A04636CCF66.jpeg
These guys are very finicky eaters, maybe one of the worst fish to get to eat. Best bet is to try masstick

Alexusmc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your comment.There's a reason I separated the tanks.I learned this when I was doing an aquatic tank in freshwater. For example, I thought it would be useful to temporarily separate fish that are not close to each other, or to try creatures that cannot be kept with coral, such as anemones and seahorses, and many other things.I now use the larger ones mainly for the smaller ones, flagging, isolating corals that need to be recuperated, and for new fish that need to be fed.

Kamakura was the capital of Japan in the days slightly before Kyoto.It's considered a small Kyoto, so if you've been to Kyoto, you don't have to go there! More importantly, please go to Okinawa.You'll see amazing coral reefs at some of the best dive sites in the world!
I can vouch for that. I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan for 3 years in the mid 90's and it is where I got my SCUBA license. I miss it so much!

Bill Bolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colors and arrangements are very beautiful. I am more a fan of live rock, straight from the ocean, and all the extras and surprises with that method...... but yours... is like a live painting.... BEAUTIFUL!!

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, beautiful tanks!!!! Wow, I love the aesthetic. And you're making me "homesick" for Japan. It's been 5 years since my last visit.

The overflow is really a space saving model, I like it very much. May have to see if I can find one to install on a system. I don't need one, but it looks like a good idea!

Great choice on the multibar angel. This is a species I'd really like to add to my reef. I think it will do very well in there with lots of space and rock. My biggest concern is QT. They do not do well in QT and I really don't want to put one in my system without QT. Dilemma!

Broutilde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamakura was the capital of Japan in the days slightly before Kyoto. It's considered a small Kyoto, so if you've been to Kyoto, you don't have to go there! More importantly, please go to Okinawa.You'll see amazing coral reefs at some of the best dive sites in the world!
I lived in Japan for a while, many years ago and had the chance to go to those southern islands in Japan, especially around Ishigakijima and Miyakojima. It was breathtaking. I can't wait to go back.

kritquilt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a reef tank in my loft at home.The preparations started in the summer of 2019 and the seawater was added on January 18, 2020. I'm going to show you the record to date. There is already an aquatic plant tank on the right side.I decided to make a tank full of coral on the left side of this one.

6C49E780-2712-4C0D-BD7D-83CB6902C828.jpeg

FE8FD70C-7EAA-4B9D-AE01-2873B95608C8.jpeg

And it was recently filled with coral.
3A82AB3A-84BF-4EEA-80FB-4EB6D2550BBB.jpeg

E86E0DF4-D4B3-4302-A02D-A1DC9BCFDC01.jpeg

This is my tank build thread.

foshizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tanks are beautiful. Very nicely designed!

I'm also intrigued by this overflow design. It looks like a lot of water would drain from the upper tank if the return pump stops running?

E44FE522-FE19-4BC5-8D0C-D972EA0F9D0F.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back