Japanese style reef tank

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another hobby of mine, the aquatic plant tank.It's called a Nature quarium.

I don't know if I can talk about the aquatic aquarium at Reef 2 Reef, but I've been enjoying the nature aquarium for about 15 years now.
The Nature Aquarium is a style of aquatic plants aquarium started by a Japanese man, Mr. Amano, the founder of ADA, a Japanese aquarium company.He changed the layout of the aquarium from the flower beds in Europe, especially in the Netherlands.It is a genre of freshwater aquarium that reproduces the natural landscape in the aquarium by introducing the concept of Japanese garden, bonsai and wabi-sabi.It's a style that aquarists around the world are now obsessed with.

I have a long career in nature aquariums compared to reef tanks.I was inspired by the style Mr. Amano started and I copied many of his layouts.I was very sad when he passed away.

And my reef tank may be strongly influenced by nature aquariums. Even now that I am crazy about reef tank, I continue to maintain my nature aquarium tank as well.

If the Nature Aquarium philosophy and style can help R2R members in any way, that would be great.If there is anything you would like to know, please feel free to ask me anything.I'm new to coral aquariums but I'm sure I can answer anything about nature aquariums.

194E77CA-0747-4AC3-8167-E294B15A890D.jpeg

A0E423CC-9FFF-4A13-AF1F-DE80EB1DEEA7.jpeg

0B8EFC6C-9779-4A20-B649-9AF34804B606.jpeg

952959EC-B0D2-49D7-97A1-6343BC7EE11C.jpeg

1F7C64AC-C48C-40BD-A6C4-06A59A8B5058.jpeg
You truly have the golden touch,, beautiful tanks brother,, I found this encrusted orange coral today in the ocean

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another hobby of mine, the aquatic plant tank.It's called a Nature quarium.

I don't know if I can talk about the aquatic aquarium at Reef 2 Reef, but I've been enjoying the nature aquarium for about 15 years now.
The Nature Aquarium is a style of aquatic plants aquarium started by a Japanese man, Mr. Amano, the founder of ADA, a Japanese aquarium company.He changed the layout of the aquarium from the flower beds in Europe, especially in the Netherlands.It is a genre of freshwater aquarium that reproduces the natural landscape in the aquarium by introducing the concept of Japanese garden, bonsai and wabi-sabi.It's a style that aquarists around the world are now obsessed with.

I have a long career in nature aquariums compared to reef tanks.I was inspired by the style Mr. Amano started and I copied many of his layouts.I was very sad when he passed away.

And my reef tank may be strongly influenced by nature aquariums. Even now that I am crazy about reef tank, I continue to maintain my nature aquarium tank as well.

If the Nature Aquarium philosophy and style can help R2R members in any way, that would be great.If there is anything you would like to know, please feel free to ask me anything.I'm new to coral aquariums but I'm sure I can answer anything about nature aquariums.

Absolutely beautiful! I especially love that catfish in the last picture!

I am fascinated by Nature Aquariums. I just recently read Amano's Complete Works cover to cover, a great man! Your tanks could totally sit right up there with his. I especially like the red and other colors, so many freshwater tanks are solid green. That must be a lot of work.

If you do start a tank thread on the freshwater tanks, put a link in here somewhere, even if it's not on R2R. :)

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful! I especially love that catfish in the last picture!

I am fascinated by Nature Aquariums. I just recently read Amano's Complete Works cover to cover, a great man! Your tanks could totally sit right up there with his. I especially like the red and other colors, so many freshwater tanks are solid green. That must be a lot of work.

If you do start a tank thread on the freshwater tanks, put a link in here somewhere, even if it's not on R2R. :)
Thanks for the comment! The last catfish lived for 13 years!Long life! ;Cat

I don't know how to handle freshwater in R2R, but if allowed, I'd love to exchange ideas with a member who has a great reef tank.

In a nature aquarium, we divide the aquascape into foreground, mid-range, and backgrounds and plant aquatic plants that are appropriate for each characteristic.Even in a reef tank, the layout is based on the amount of light required by the coral, but there are some similarities. The method of planting plants in a specific section with narrowed down types is not often seen in coral tanks.It might be interesting to try it.

Aquatican

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gold torch coral I put in the tank a week ago died.Maybe brown slime?
It started to melt from one polyp and quickly spread to the other polyps. I took it out of the tank because I didn't want the other torch coral to become infected with it. This was my first torch coral death.I'm afraid of brown slime.
And coral, sorry I didn't grow it well.

28A4437B-C851-4328-88B9-B6C89D0795A5.jpeg

Same type gold torch by Coral monster.

86844CC9-A3B5-4A23-80BA-5980E8EFA651.jpeg

died torch of mine;Dead
Awesome thread and build indeed! I am a reef keeper in Kyoto and have bought corals from Coral Monster. The owner of the store said that what happened to you is quite common, but if you see the brown jelly they told me to quickly cut the infected head off to save the others. My gold torch from them lasted 15 months until I had a minor tank crash this past May.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thread and build indeed! I am a reef keeper in Kyoto and have bought corals from Coral Monster. The owner of the store said that what happened to you is quite common, but if you see the brown jelly they told me to quickly cut the infected head off to save the others. My gold torch from them lasted 15 months until I had a minor tank crash this past May.
Coral Monster! I often use this store as well.I actually bought my gold torch from Coral Monster.
My father lives in Kyoto so I go there often, although COVID-19 won't be able to get there for a while. It's nice to find someone who is an R2R member and lives in Japan.

Aquatican

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Monster! I often use this store as well.I actually bought my gold torch from Coral Monster.
My father lives in Kyoto so I go there often, although COVID-19 won't be able to get there for a while. It's nice to find someone who is an R2R member and lives in Japan.
Well, the next time you are down this way for a business trip, let me know and we can meet for some delicious Kyoto dishes and talk about reef keeping in Japan!

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the next time you are down this way for a business trip, let me know and we can meet for some delicious Kyoto dishes and talk about reef keeping in Japan!
Oh, let's do it!
But I'm not sure I can communicate properly without Google or Deepl on my side.LOL!

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the aquascape. Plenty of room to place corals and each shelf doesn't shade each other. really makes me want to pick up some new rock for my 18" cube, cycle it in a tub and replace my current aquascape before I add corals...
Thanks for the compliment. The 18" cube is just about the same size as my little one's tank!
In Japan, it's more of a large size, but in the US, it's a nanocube.
Smaller tanks are more difficult to layout.I hope my small aquarium is helpful to you.

2CF83E1E-7B94-4A03-89A2-FA8A7604BD16.jpeg

6ABDACCE-A211-4DDB-B4B2-AE5ADFCD431F.jpeg

F2673F08-5E03-4EDB-897D-0CD0D5997DA5.jpeg

954BB130-0953-49FE-B1FC-098F0F6210E5.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is one of my new most favorite systems! :D

It's also our Reef of the Day!

Broutilde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't Ishigaki Island and Miyako Island amazing!I am proud of the fact that we have wonderful coral reefs in Japan, and I want to pass them on to our children's generation.
It was amazing! I went more than ten years ago, hopefully the reefs there are still around with climate change...

Broutilde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's funny, I have a cat similar to yours, and also two aquascaped freshwater tanks. Are you injecting co2? I noticed that you have two Ada led lights. I went with Chihiros because Ada is quite expensive over there!

Back