OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was amazing! I went more than ten years ago, hopefully the reefs there are still around with climate change...
It really is. It's still OK compared to the Great Barrier Reef.I want to show my own children what a wonderful gift the earth has given to us.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny, I have a cat similar to yours, and also two aquascaped freshwater tanks. Are you injecting co2? I noticed that you have two Ada led lights. I went with Chihiros because Ada is quite expensive over there!
That's interesting. A lot of people in Japan start a saltwater tank from a freshwater tank.And people with cats, too, lol.
Unfortunately, ADA is very expensive in Japan as well. But it's hard to find a better one in terms of performance and design, so I end up buying one.

Jsarayva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment. The 18" cube is just about the same size as my little one's tank!
In Japan, it's more of a large size, but in the US, it's a nanocube.
Smaller tanks are more difficult to layout.I hope my small aquarium is helpful to you.

2CF83E1E-7B94-4A03-89A2-FA8A7604BD16.jpeg

6ABDACCE-A211-4DDB-B4B2-AE5ADFCD431F.jpeg

F2673F08-5E03-4EDB-897D-0CD0D5997DA5.jpeg

954BB130-0953-49FE-B1FC-098F0F6210E5.jpeg
Hello! Your tank is amazing!
Did you use a par meter in the small tank??Would you provide a map? How many inches is the light from the water?
Ps: I’m Brazilian, I started with planted tanks and I have cats. :p

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Your tank is amazing!
Did you use a par meter in the small tank??Would you provide a map? How many inches is the light from the water?
Ps: I’m Brazilian, I started with planted tanks and I have cats. :p
Thank you for your comment.
I do not use a par meter.I would like to measure it someday, though. The Hydra 32Hd is about 30 cm from the tank and maybe 34 cm from the surface.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The barred angelfish is now a feeder.
He started on frozen brine shrimp and now he's eating grains.

A week after the Barred Angelfish (5.5cm), I put the Purple mask angelfish (4.5cm) and Regal angelfish (4cm) in the tank. They are starting to eat food grains and I'll try to make them live longer.
These angel fish are called as one of the three major angelfish in Japan and they are very popular, but they don't lick coral in the angel fish family, so many people keep them in coral tanks.I hear that not many angel fish are kept in a reef tank in the United States, but what do you think?
29666CB6-0E5C-4DC4-B2A1-C265E791E7A1.jpeg

F0BE2F61-B0A9-4D76-8461-5339D7C5722C.jpeg

22EF89F6-E596-4202-8FD3-801E79E01AF2.jpeg

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The barred angelfish is now a feeder.
He started on frozen brine shrimp and now he's eating grains.

A week after the Barred Angelfish (5.5cm), I put the Purple mask angelfish (4.5cm) and Regal angelfish (4cm) in the tank. They are starting to eat food grains and I'll try to make them live longer.
These angel fish are called as one of the three major angelfish in Japan and they are very popular, but they don't lick coral in the angel fish family, so many people keep them in coral tanks.I hear that not many angel fish are kept in a reef tank in the United States, but what do you think?
29666CB6-0E5C-4DC4-B2A1-C265E791E7A1.jpeg

F0BE2F61-B0A9-4D76-8461-5339D7C5722C.jpeg

22EF89F6-E596-4202-8FD3-801E79E01AF2.jpeg
As long as they are not eating all your coral, that's great!

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as they are not eating all your coral, that's great!
Of course it depends on the personality of the fish, but I asked a senior reefer and he said SPS is fine, LPS might be eaten.Especially regal.

They don't seem to be interested in the coral at the moment, but if they start eating the coral, I'd like to do it while moving the coral or fish into the connected tank.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would be okay if my angelfish "lick" my corals. The problem is, my angelfish eats the corals. :p

There's something about you Japanese and the nice clean look to everything you do. Maybe it's the attention to details. Will be following.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beautiful tank, i hope i will have one like yours someday.

Just wondering but Is the venusta angel commonly sold in japan and somewhat cheap, compared to prices seen elsewhere in the world?
the venusta angel is so popular that it is sold on a regular basis.Some of them come from Okinawa, so they may be sold more frequently than in the US.
The price is one of the most expensive fish in Japan. It's usually around $100 to $150.Smaller fish are more popular, with the 4cm to 5cm size being the most expensive.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would be okay if my angelfish "lick" my corals. The problem is, my angelfish eats the corals. :p

There's something about you Japanese and the nice clean look to everything you do. Maybe it's the attention to details. Will be following.
Will my angelfish just end up "licking" the coral?Or does she end up eating it after all?
I'll keep you posted on our progress!

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr Takaki,

Your scape looks amazing and the tank overall. I believe most people are saluting you for the magnificent tank, but I would like to give a suggestion that might seem as a criticism, but please don´t get me wrong.

I have a serious concern about your tank and hope you keep it fine, but it seems to me you are a little new on marine.

Those are big colonies of the hardest corals to keep. It is easy in this case to lose track and loose expensive and beautiful animals. If things start losing track do not "consider it will be okay", just ask on the forum that many of us might help.

You are really talented on aquascaping and I hope you do not get disappointed at any moment, just consider keeping those animals a very serious and not so easy task.

We are there for anything you need and be sure this community is an amazing place with many experts to help if needed.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr Takaki,

Your scape looks amazing and the tank overall. I believe most people are saluting you for the magnificent tank, but I would like to give a suggestion that might seem as a criticism, but please don´t get me wrong.

I have a serious concern about your tank and hope you keep it fine, but it seems to me you are a little new on marine.

Those are big colonies of the hardest corals to keep. It is easy in this case to lose track and loose expensive and beautiful animals. If things start losing track do not "consider it will be okay", just ask on the forum that many of us might help.

You are really talented on aquascaping and I hope you do not get disappointed at any moment, just consider keeping those animals a very serious and not so easy task.

We are there for anything you need and be sure this community is an amazing place with many experts to help if needed.
Thank you for your concern.
As you may have guessed, I am a novice to saltwater aquariums.
I think it worries me to see a beginner putting a lot of colonies in the tank.I'm trying to gather as much information as possible to keep them as well as possible, but I'm not very experienced and may fail.Please help me in this forum.

I am aware that I am now keeping a very valuable animal and would like to keep corals in my tank for as long as possible.If possible, I hope to spread the coral growth in my tank to others who share my hobby.
In addition, since I started this hobby, I have come to feel that environmental issues are much closer to me.
I may not be able to do much, but I will do my utmost to stop global warming (and leave our coral reefs to our children)!

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your concern.
As you may have guessed, I am a novice to saltwater aquariums.
I think it worries me to see a beginner putting a lot of colonies in the tank.I'm trying to gather as much information as possible to keep them as well as possible, but I'm not very experienced and may fail.Please help me in this forum.

I am aware that I am now keeping a very valuable animal and would like to keep corals in my tank for as long as possible.If possible, I hope to spread the coral growth in my tank to others who share my hobby.
In addition, since I started this hobby, I have come to feel that environmental issues are much closer to me.
I may not be able to do much, but I will do my utmost to stop global warming (and leave our coral reefs to our children)!

My first good advice is to keep close track of your alkalinity (at least once a week) and keep it as stable as possible, don´t let coral consumption overrun you.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first good advice is to keep close track of your alkalinity (at least once a week) and keep it as stable as possible, don´t let coral consumption overrun you.
Thank you. Alkalinity, calcium and magnesium are stabilized in the calcium reactor.
In the beginning I used Redsea's RFP, but I can't keep the alkalinity high, so I'm now using a calcium reactor.

I can stabilize it more easily with the calcium reactor.
34F3E9E4-910D-4EF7-933A-2BB4F4906CF6.jpeg

863CD064-E5A5-4AF0-B7E0-22C4B1076D79.jpeg

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Alkalinity, calcium and magnesium are stabilized in the calcium reactor.
In the beginning I used Redsea's RFP, but I can't keep the alkalinity high, so I'm now using a calcium reactor.

I can stabilize it more easily with the calcium reactor.
34F3E9E4-910D-4EF7-933A-2BB4F4906CF6.jpeg

863CD064-E5A5-4AF0-B7E0-22C4B1076D79.jpeg

That´s great!

Just tell us ASAP if you notice any trouble with the tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back