OP
OP
KingJason

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the wall patched and sump in place yesterday. It's on 1/2" foam per the recommendation of Advanced Acrylic. I have to figure out how to seal the foam. Everything else is sealed so water won't collect or damage except the foam. Anyone else seal their foam or have any ideas? I thought about just painting it and calking it which would probably work.

IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG

From top to bottom:
Abyzz 200 return pump, then Ecotech L1 manifold pump and lastly the Blueline pump for the Euroreef skimmer. Next project is to build a little stand for these all to sit on and level each one out with the bulkheads.

IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0614.JPG

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good! Do yourself a favor and plumb the Vectra L1 so that it can live up to its full potential (not using the blue collars that it comes with, use the special thread fittings that allow you to use larger inlet and outlet plumbing, I think it is british thread or something like that, you can get them from Ecotech).

That main return pump is something to drool over, nice looking sump as well, are those filter socks behind the taped area on the sump?

I plan on using A.G.E. for a 300g project hopefully soon, please let me know what you think of their build quality and service! Also, did you have them build your stand or did you source it locally?

Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
KingJason

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good! Do yourself a favor and plumb the Vectra L1 so that it can live up to its full potential (not using the blue collars that it comes with, use the special thread fittings that allow you to use larger inlet and outlet plumbing, I think it is british thread or something like that, you can get them from Ecotech).

That main return pump is something to drool over, nice looking sump as well, are those filter socks behind the taped area on the sump?

I plan on using A.G.E. for a 300g project hopefully soon, please let me know what you think of their build quality and service! Also, did you have them build your stand or did you source it locally?

Keep up the great work!

I did order the conversion piece so I'll use that on the output side. The true union's threaded adapter seems to fit correctly on the input side of the pump. I through they would be different sizes, but it seems it's the same.

Yes, I have 5 socks in the return section under the enclosure. Here is a pic:

IMG_0616.JPG

So far the experience with AGE has been great. Chris kicks butt and is a cool guy to work with. It took a little longer than I had hoped to actually build it but it ended up being OK since I'm now just getting things finished and able to receive the tank. I used them for the stand as well and went with the "white glove" delivery so they do everything including level it.

OP
OP
KingJason

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to watching the build. You have a nice choice of equipment. I love the idea of the old school venturi skimmer, it looks like a beast. Do yourself a favor and get the Dastaco, you won't regret it.

Just ordered the DaStaCo XtremA Model A-4. Unique has a shipment coming in June 5 so I grabbed one.

MarsRover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered the DaStaCo XtremA Model A-4. Unique has a shipment coming in June 5 so I grabbed one.

Holy moly! $2k for a calcium reactor?! Wow. Had no idea.

Looking forward to our tanks being delivered. Being that yours is literally twice the size of mine, this build is BIG. I wish I had a basement or a room to dedicate as a fish room. Guess that's what I get for wanting to live on top of a mountain ;)

Looking forward to your build jason. Hope to see it in person some time.

nwalter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love the tank size. Used to have one but cant set up due to my floor structure. subscribed

MarsRover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show us the tank!!!!! I know they're knocking on your door any minute!!!

so excited for our tanks...

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love the tank size. Used to have one but cant set up due to my floor structure. subscribed

Anything is possible with patience and money ;) Our new 336G DT is arriving next week and we had to do a lot of work to ensure it was supported correctly given the floor position was less than ideal.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank but you sure the legs on that stand can hold the filled weight?!

MarsRover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay!!!! I'm next!

Jason, that tank is a BEAST! I'm pretty amazed the two guys could do that. Incredible.

As for supporting the weight, I trust A.G.E. to build their stands.

Now, to build something crazy like Chris is trying to bring to MACNA, I'm helping him with the math on that one.......

Stoked for your tank Jason!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back