240G front Drop off tank

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank and setup and the outside the box thinking.. Everyone can enjoy the hobby in their own way. You really have a work of art in your home. Is the tanks nickname still "no touch"? I love all of the pictures and all of the side by side comparisons to show the SPS growth over 60 days. Keep us all in the loop as things progress!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm LOVING this tank, man! Great job!

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today get a New frag of premium sps from Bali
fbb2853312a5107f276b9c529a962c63.jpg

f9cca63ed0cf6f0d36f549d6de008752.jpg

Hey Jason,

Apa khabar? That's a nice piece of frag you got there ... Hopefuly one fine summer we'll make a trip to Penang as I do know "Seng" a one time local Penang famous SPS reefer.

Paul

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason,

Apa khabar? That's a nice piece of frag you got there ... Hopefuly one fine summer we'll make a trip to Penang as I do know "Seng" a one time local Penang famous SPS reefer.

On a side note I would use less of the Vibrant liquid reef cleaner as it would create more Cyanobacteria problem. For algae problem I'd suggest you get Fluconazole (if you can find it from your local pharmacy) to to treat bryopsis, hair algae etc..

Paul

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason,

Paul

Hi Paul,
Khabar baik! Yeah I know Seng but now he seem like changing his tank to FOT already. Btw abit sad that this pink sps can't stays long in my tank cos got one time I over tune my CR and over dose KH and lost this pink and one Ice fire [emoji24]
Anyway do ping me if you planing come penang visit. You are all welcome to my place to see the tank [emoji2]

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing ... probably on my way back to visit my dad in KK. Must try Black Durian & my kids love to try out the local "char keow tiaw" ... my favourite too lol

Durian price now is way toooo expensive, one black durian I can get few Ausie sps frags already!

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank and setup and the outside the box thinking.. Everyone can enjoy the hobby in their own way. You really have a work of art in your home. Is the tanks nickname still "no touch"? I love all of the pictures and all of the side by side comparisons to show the SPS growth over 60 days. Keep us all in the loop as things progress!

Thanks for the comment.
Yeah my tank no more nickname no touch. My 3year old sons now likes to climb up the step chair sit there eat his biscuits and telling me oh this is sailfin tang. Oh this is firefish, yellow tang, nemo egg. Papa "Prawn"!!
One day eat his lunch rice with prawn and he says papa prawn (pointing on the rice) then point to tank papa tank, No more prawn ![emoji23]

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the retail price for Black Durian nowadays & when is the best time to visit for durian season? Makan sampai mati kenyang lah ... lol

Durian season around April onwards but now seem like rains a lot and hardly got durian available and price will gone up crazy. Not sure the black durian price now hardly spent money on durians [emoji846]wife dislike the smell of it.

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are those frag I lost this week
a81c1f1827c58620b22af4c78edda945.jpg

Many are blue acro. Ice fire[emoji24][emoji24]
My cal been dropping and I didn't notice it and KH follow drop from 8.8 to 7.7
Cal from 450 drop to 410.
Now just boost up cal to 450 but kh stays at 7.7 [emoji19]
And also clean up The CR ph probe and refill up rowalith C+
Gosh. This are the pain when I'm lazy to test water

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back