Jason's Reefer 250: Fish added! Sump Mod, Clarisea, custom plumbing, aquascape w/E-Marco, IKEA cabinet mod. (Pic heavy!)

TeotheCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I hope he is doing amazing. I remember it was timeless moment when mine was just a newborn. I rejoiced every moment of it. It is just odd that he has not even logged in at all. I mean if you have time to turn of TV, drink beer (if he does), check emails, and I am sure you will have time to log in r2r. I am not saying that he has too and by all mean he is not obligated too. I log in to R2R in bathroom, waiting for doctor appointment or any appointment, and etc. just to read and not necessary to post.

Second, I don't have issue with skimmer overflow. I was replying to the other member. I also add pods directly into main tank and sump.

taliesin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your description on the doors helped tremendously. I spent more time than I should have just adjusting the doors. My ocd was kicking in about the gap and the alignment.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason, curious on any updates on the build? Are you still in the hobby?

He is one of many other posters that just stopped posting completely. He was last seen on the forum yesterday and he still comes to this forum.

I hope all is well with him and his family.

OP
OP
Eight

Eight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hello! It's been a long time. :)

Between my first son being born, my parents living with me to help care for him and massive changes at work (Hulu being acquired by Disney), I have not had a lot of time to post here. Sorry about that!

But my tank is doing well, I'm super happy with the setup and this weekend I plan on installing a few more things. More to come!

20210319_203924.jpg

TeotheCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, how are you able to fit the uv there?! Does the stock sump still fit?
You have the xl300 right? Yes it was hard. The aqua UV is so bulky it was hard and the aqua clamp is kinda retarded so I mad a few error drills for the uv. It does fit. This is a 15w Aqua UV

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the xl300 right? Yes it was hard. The aqua UV is so bulky it was hard and the aqua clamp is kinda retarded so I mad a few error drills for the uv. It does fit. This is a 15w Aqua UV
Yeah I have the 300 XL. I had to fit my UV on the side, pull from skimmer and output to return section. My pipe kept my UV upright so I didn't use the clamp. I have a 57 watt on mine. I would recommend sending straight to display and not back to return section. Make sure you can take the uv out to clean.

TeotheCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a big UV for the xl300. Yeah a vertical position is better as this prevents bubble build up but I couldn’t put it vertical with sump unless I submerge UV in sumpt. I could rout it to the upper portion of return line and use the two gate valves to control proper flow through UV. I’m not sure if UV does much for my system so haven’t taken it too seriously

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back