Jawbreaker electus and candy advice

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’ve started a bit of a collection to high end mushrooms. Currently have deadpool, candy crush and electus. Anyone any advice or experience with conditions that alter colouring?

I noticed my deadpool (was plain red) when I put in a low light area, has coloured up so much in 6 months, and dropped a baby. Wondered if that’s because of the very low light area or just coincidence - got my wondering, what about the elctus and candy crush?

My candy crush came a plain orange (I got it for £10, when it arrived I looked direct under light - there appeared to be a green streak and 4 red patches. I put it in high light area. The green has got very strong now (1 small streak) but the red has disappeared.
What’s everyone else’s experience with these?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe both those mushroom develop more color with time and proper care

@Lost in the Sauce
Ive only got experience with the JB, but LAMP and flow are the primary concerns. My JB hates both of them. Can't get it to a low enough par to make it happy.

Under higher par, the colors were coming in MUCH stronger but the mushroom constantly walked into lower light.

@LRT has much more experience on the matter. School us up bro!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive only got experience with the JB, but LAMP and flow are the primary concerns. My JB hates both of them. Can't get it to a low enough par to make it happy.

Under higher par, the colors were coming in MUCH stronger but the mushroom constantly walked into lower light.

@LRT has much more experience on the matter. School us up bro!
From what I've seen in my system regular orange JB tend to like lower par around 50-75. Just outside of any direct light.
Candy crush same thing or it tightens up and does nothing. Colors do come out in lower in the shadow light.
I cant speak on the actual Deadpool shroom. But I do have a wild Deadpool variant that loves light. Has started to throw the candycrush green streaks as well as one baby has thrown superman blue streaks on top of the purple streaks.
Best advice. Find sweetspot. All shroomz are created different and have different needs.
Light acclimate them in different spots. They will literally cup up like flower if not enough light. They will lay flat and sprawled out with the right light.
Colors generally come when they are happily acclimated to spot for 6-12 months.

OP
OP
L

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for the advice guys! Really interesting to hear different perspectives. My candy crush is in high light and I think pretty happy, he’s grown a lot in the few months I’ve had him - just a baby. I acclimatised slowly, now considering moving him to the shade though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen difference dependant on placement or is that not a thing?

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for the advice guys! Really interesting to hear different perspectives. My candy cane is in high light and I think pretty happy, he’s grown a lot in the few months I’ve had him - just a baby. I acclimatised slowly, now considering moving him to the shade though!
Same here, gonna move my CC down to where my JB is.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to see what others are finding as well. I feel like it takes some shrooms awhile to acclimate especially after being pulled from system they where 100% acclimated and stable in. I think stability is key and having the right nutrient chemistry plays into that. Some like higher nutrients. What im seeing with regular JB and Candy Crush is they may like an older, stable, mature, lower nutrient based system.
I've tried pushing my CC she just really like to be in shadow of light so far for me.

OP
OP
L

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My candy crush was missold to me as a standard orange so not sure if it’s a wild caught or has lineage.

Last edited:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My candy crush was missold to me as a standard orange so not sure if it’s a wild caught or has lineage.
Its possible but I haven't seen any wild caught CC around recently. Ultimate Corals just had some wild deadpool not to long ago.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got Deadpool, Aquaman, St Thomas and Lava Lamps in my QT now. They are under a midlevel light, as I have several different corals in there at the moment but they are doing well. Only the St Thomas is acting funny.... sort of bubbling up if you will. They others look good. I'll spread them out in the new DT on little rock islands, so I can get them to a lighting happy place.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got Deadpool, Aquaman, St Thomas and Lava Lamps in my QT now. They are under a midlevel light, as I have several different corals in there at the moment but they are doing well. Only the St Thomas is acting funny.... sort of bubbling up if you will. They others look good. I'll spread them out in the new DT on little rock islands, so I can get them to a lighting happy place.
Don't be afraid to push St Thomas a little and see what happens. Mine do better in direct light around 100-150 par no joke I think my minecraft would be all good at 250. She just cant get enough and more than I can give atm I guess lol
Go slow when pushing more light. I creep mine in for few weeks.
Could take a cpl days to acclimate to new spot to see how they like it especially if they have been acclimated to current spot for awhile.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be afraid to push St Thomas a little and see what happens. Mine do better in direct light around 100-150 par no joke I think my minecraft would be all good at 250. She just cant get enough and more than I can give atm I guess lol
Go slow when pushing more light. I creep mine in for few weeks.
Could take a cpl days to acclimate to new spot to see how they like it especially if they have been acclimated to current spot for awhile.
Thanks! I was thinking th esame thing by the way it has been puffing up - like it's reaching. I'll be moving into the new DT soon, so I will keep that in mind placing it. It's a cool shroom for sure. My goal is to introduce these higher end shrooms and reduce the dominance of those darn watermelons that took over my existing DT.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back