Jawbreaker on the move?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I obtained four OG jawbreakers of various sizes. I have them on the sand in an area I consider to be low flow. Two of them are on small rocks glued to frag plugs. They appear healthy. At night it’s become clear that the ones on plugs are migrating off of their rocks and onto the plugs. It’s a bit strange though: the half of the foot that has moved to the plug is well attached, but the part that was on the rock has lifted off. At night when the sort of pucker up, this is very obvious to the point that I’m worried that they will get caught in the minimal flow and peel off of the plug/rock. How concerned should I be? I guess this is why people have mushroom cages…

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They could detach and float away.
It means they would like to be somewhere else in the tank.
I would move them to a bit higher light and see if they foot up better.

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion. Since they are on multiple rocks/plugs I will do an expensive experiment.

This is my first time keeping mushrooms in the era of pampering mushrooms. On the wait list to borrow one of my local clubs par meters. What par do people suggest for jawbreakers?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back