• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

JBJ’s amazing customer service

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Austin Byers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just like to take this time to tell my story so that way it hopefully doesn’t happen to you. I order a JBJ 45 gallon flat panel and stand from Live Aquaria. I got them both in the mail and everything was fine. I build the stand get it put into place then I open up the box with the aquarium and that right side panel is completely shattered. I called Live Aquaria the next morning and they tell me no problem we will get you a new one sent out with extra packaging. Fast forward a week the new one is in I go to my local UPS store on my day off to pick it up instead of having it delivered. The UPS guy goes to help me pick it up and immediately we here glass moving around. We open the box and the second tank now is shattered. Now I’m pretty upset I cal Live Aquaria again and now they aren’t even willing to help me. They say here’s a refund sorry about your luck. Honestly the worst customer support I’ve ever received but at the very least I got my money back. Now I have a built stand at home and no tank. Trying to find just the tank online is impossible so what do I do? I call up JBJ tel them about my situation the guy is like “no problem we will get you squared away let me call my distributors real quick find the closest LFS that sells it and I will get back to you” not ever 30 minutes later I get a call back and tells me he found a store that sells JBJ tanks and he gave them my info and they should contact me at some point today. I really feel this is some of the best customer service I have ever received and I just want to say a big thank you to JBJ and hopefully I get this right the customer support rep Manny I believe. He only said it once but I’m pretty confident that was his name. Further more I would like to say thank you to this LFS it is 100 miles away so it’s not to local but Springfield, IL doesn’t have much so St. Louis is the next best thing. If you are ever in the area stop by “The Corner Reef” they have great customer service as well. They guy there is driving to go pick up my tank and bring it back to the store so that way I can pick it up today.

Just a PSA never order a tank from Live Aquaria horrible customer service but there Diver Den fish are pretty dang good and i can’t help but shop there because nothing is more important than finding a store that send you quality fish that aren’t sick.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing your story! Wow - what a mess! Were you able to get the tank successfully? Hopefully you will post pictures and bring us along for your new tank build! :)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back