Jbj 15g aio light mount and filtration questions

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this tank recently to transfer something out of my reef tank. The filter it comes with is just a black sponge. Was wondering if anyone makes a filter sock holder for this tank? I've seen a media rack from inTank for it buy would prefer a filter sock if possible. I found one for the nuvo tanks that almost fit but was too long as shown in image
20220625_122053.jpg

The other issue I have is that I ordered the nicrew 100 watt light for this tank... it comes with a mount very similar to the hms ai hydra mounts. But it says in the instructions that this mount should only be used with 6mm glass or thicker... the jbj cube is 5mm glass... should I be concerned? It's mount in the back of the middle chamber so there are cross braced supports on either side in the form of dividers for each chamber. So I'm hoping that will make the 5mm glass strong enough to hold up this light. It's been on for 2 days now and seems fine... but things often seem fine until they're not.
This light is huge. It's a great light for the price but I was under the impression it was more similar in size to the hydra 32... I'd say it has more of a Radeon footprint though. So I'm a bit worried about the weight of it on the think glass cube.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got this tank recently to transfer something out of my reef tank. The filter it comes with is just a black sponge. Was wondering if anyone makes a filter sock holder for this tank? I've seen a media rack from inTank for it buy would prefer a filter sock if possible. I found one for the nuvo tanks that almost fit but was too long as shown in image
20220625_122053.jpg

The other issue I have is that I ordered the nicrew 100 watt light for this tank... it comes with a mount very similar to the hms ai hydra mounts. But it says in the instructions that this mount should only be used with 6mm glass or thicker... the jbj cube is 5mm glass... should I be concerned? It's mount in the back of the middle chamber so there are cross braced supports on either side in the form of dividers for each chamber. So I'm hoping that will make the 5mm glass strong enough to hold up this light. It's been on for 2 days now and seems fine... but things often seem fine until they're not.
This light is huge. It's a great light for the price but I was under the impression it was more similar in size to the hydra 32... I'd say it has more of a Radeon footprint though. So I'm a bit worried about the weight of it on the think glass cube.
Innovative marine gas socks
You can also use their filter basket

OP
OP
Smoke-Town

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Will definitely take some measurements and see if I can find one that fits when I get home from work. anyone have any insight onto if this glass will hold strong even though its 1mm under the recommended mininum thickness?
I have some old 1/4" thick glass baffles I vould silicone one along the back top of this tank to reinforce it maybe

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back