OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone I had to make more RO water I went to a concert last night and my ato was going off :rolleyes: idk for how long so I had to stay up untill 3 am to get water filled up.

Decided to test in that time
Nitrates are still 5 ppm
Phosphates went from 0.68
To 0.62

it’s coming down slowly and I bet it will be lower today. I’m curious how does nutrients stabilize ?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Morning everyone I had to make more RO water I went to a concert last night and my ato was going off :rolleyes: idk for how long so I had to stay up untill 3 am to get water filled up.

Decided to test in that time
Nitrates are still 5 ppm
Phosphates went from 0.68
To 0.62

it’s coming down slowly and I bet it will be lower today. I’m curious how does nutrients stabilize ?
i dont even know8, other than life forms using what is available

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet I got my secret Santa badge ! Also test came out to be .52 for phosphates today ! Other then that everything is good.

I’m curious if you have high nutrients do you need more intense light for coral to use those nutrients ?.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet I got my secret Santa badge ! Also test came out to be .52 for phosphates today ! Other then that everything is good.

I’m curious if you have high nutrients do you need more intense light for coral to use those nutrients ?.
Not really. Just the right spectrum.

Also, it seems to be dropping a little fast now.

I'd keep it at .5 for a few days. Let it drop a bit after that.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some, not a lot. I hate daylight savings. I do not gain an hour, I lose an hour of sleep. Husband stays up an extra hour or 2 now. The young one is on a more set schedule than any of us. so let me think... So I am getting 5 hours down to 4. If I could just lay down and fall asleep as easy as these 2 can. I would get 8 hours. I don't sleep well to begin with.

Anyhow your phosphates. I would check today, see where it is. If it is going down on its own. I would let it runs it's course. If not, continue what you were doing. .3 is actually safe for a lot of coral. Not a huge deal. I know you are at .5
Now, if you see it going up, You'll want to resume what you are doing. And by going up, if it's over your last reading of .52

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some, not a lot. I hate daylight savings. I do not gain an hour, I lose an hour of sleep. Husband stays up an extra hour or 2 now. The young one is on a more set schedule than any of us. so let me think... So I am getting 5 hours down to 4. If I could just lay down and fall asleep as easy as these 2 can. I would get 8 hours. I don't sleep well to begin with.

Anyhow your phosphates. I would check today, see where it is. If it is going down on its own. I would let it runs it's course. If not, continue what you were doing. .3 is actually safe for a lot of coral. Not a huge deal. I know you are at .5
Now, if you see it going up, You'll want to resume what you are doing. And by going up, if it's over your last reading of .52
I know the feeling my wife is an insomniac she’s in bed at 4 am the time I get up for work we usually say bye to each other and she goes to bed .

I actually did a water change last night because I was attacking the aiptasia it looked so good seeing them fall apart with kalk

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm, I used to use a soda ash paste to nuke the ones I couldn't pull out. I assume it is just like kalk. Only missing the calcium component. Solid alkalinity. I never saw those ones again. However, my cbb wont ever let me see any anemone it can eat. This could be an issue for future bta babies. Or, as she gets bigger... My bta could turn into a slurpy for her.

BTW, he is now growing rather nice. I am going to up the % of my lights today and see how he responds.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah when I was syphoning the extra Kalkpaste the body’s of the aiptasia were gone and it smelled terrible

You got such a nice BTA I’m actually quite jealous haha.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back