LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes ! I actually got some on my front glass as well ,
Very interesting!
Im seeing same thing. Coraline growth predominantly around general vicinity of all my corals, discs, rubble, tiles and rack. I keep glass clean. But overflow box is covered in coraline. What gets me is I have full tiles and areas of tile that has 0 coraline where I have no corals.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am fighting to get the colors of my blasto, It would look amazing with yours! Side pics are so fuzzy
blasts.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have any lens for the tank ? That’s how I get my true colors ! Also is your blasto a merletti?
Lens wont work for angle shots. No, not a merletti. Largest polyp is almost an inch and a half.

i think you seen the front pics,
blasto-07.jpg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just like to say I hate epoxy.. my Duncan’s were on the sand bed today UGH. So I have to buy crazy glue tomorrow to glue them
I knocked off my Duncan’s twice this week lol Got aggressive pulling caulerpa , it came right off the frag plug , seachem reef glue works well tho

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knocked off my Duncan’s twice this week lol Got aggressive pulling caulerpa , it came right off the frag plug , seachem reef glue works well tho
I wanted to give epoxy a chance but all it does is cloud my water and doesn’t hold coral. Bleh so now my Duncan is in front on sand bed hopefully he’s not mad

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also Idk why I never checked the temp of my tank it’s at 75° .-. My heater is set to 79° .. so I’m guessing this aqueon heater is busted ? Or is it because my house is 68°. If I need a new heater what’s a good recommendation

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also Idk why I never checked the temp of my tank it’s at 75° .-. My heater is set to 79° .. so I’m guessing this aqueon heater is busted ? Or is it because my house is 68°. If I need a new heater what’s a good recommendation
get a heater controller. I still need to get one. Sadly the controller and heater need to be replaced yearly. (still need to do this) Eheim jager makes alright heaters. Not super expensive either. inkbird makes heater controller you can buy on amazon.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a heater controller. I still need to get one. Sadly the controller and heater need to be replaced yearly. (still need to do this) Eheim jager makes alright heaters. Not super expensive either. inkbird makes heater controller you can buy on amazon.
My aqeon is only 11 months old but I guess it’s done I took the heater out last night and held it and it didn’t get super hot I have to my house at least 73° for it to be 77. Are there different model inkbirds ?
4E9BF98B-DDC7-4C20-BEB2-0A7D7A9D64CA.png
Where would I have to put the probe ?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My aqeon is only 11 months old but I guess it’s done I took the heater out last night and held it and it didn’t get super hot I have to my house at least 73° for it to be 77. Are there different model inkbirds ?
4E9BF98B-DDC7-4C20-BEB2-0A7D7A9D64CA.png
Where would I have to put the probe ?
This is the correct one. Wifi costs 50

Also, don't increase temps above 75 until nutrients are under control. This might be why the nitrates are low as well.
Higher temps cause nutrients to be more available. I forget the proper explanation of it.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the correct one. Wifi costs 50

Also, don't increase temps above 75 until nutrients are under control. This might be why the nitrates are low as well.
Higher temps cause nutrients to be more available. I forget the proper explanation of it.
Do I need the WiFi one ?

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats quick!
I do have an Amazon facility 30 mins from my house ! But my new heater doesn’t come untill tomorrow . So I’ll set it up and plug in old heater. Would I put the probe in the same chamber as the heater ?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do have an Amazon facility 30 mins from my house ! But my new heater doesn’t come untill tomorrow . So I’ll set it up and plug in old heater. Would I put the probe in the same chamber as the heater ?
Yup, that way the heater isn't confused. As long as water is circulating, it will keep around the same temp.

You can add it to any chamber fish and inverts can't mess with. Just don't put it next to the heater.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, that way the heater isn't confused. As long as water is circulating, it will keep around the same temp.

You can add it to any chamber fish and inverts can't mess with. Just don't put it next to the heater.
Seems like the first chamber is a good candidate for the probe the water passes through the probe then the heater and then returns

Back