JBJ 20 gallon AIO reef tank

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a lose -lose situation you buy nudi to fight aiptasia then they eat it all then die of starvation
I’m fighting a bit of a losing battle with those Aiptasia buggers myself. All the lfs I go to sell out of berghia before I get there:(

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fighting a bit of a losing battle with those Aiptasia buggers myself. All the lfs I go to sell out of berghia before I get there:(
I finally did kalkpaste left it on the aiptasia for 30 min and then sucked up dead remains hopefully they couldn’t pop out babys before dying hopefully this worked I won’t know for another month

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15834D41-1A09-407D-96D9-DBE03EE3F4A1.jpeg

Maybe….
I gave this a long hard thought as well haha. My local PetSmart had one.

But the stand isn't right. You wouldn't be able to take out those middle posts without losing a bunch of support.

And don't think a 18" Sump works for a 125 :( But maybe? I didn't give it too long a thought, I think mine had it on sale for like $450 as a set.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave this a long hard thought as well haha. My local PetSmart had one.

But the stand isn't right. You wouldn't be able to take out those middle posts without losing a bunch of support.

And don't think a 18" Sump works for a 125 :( But maybe? I didn't give it too long a thought, I think mine had it on sale for like $450 as a set.
I would use the stand to house my other tanks lol and DIY a stand for my specifications lol it’s tough when I wanna buy everything reef related

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could probably resume what you were doing to lower them. I would repeat that every other day. That is just me. Or, wait for signs of stress on corals.

What I mean is, keep lowering nitrates until the corals act a bit strange.

Edit: phosphates

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could probably resume what you were doing to lower them. I would repeat that every other day. That is just me. Or, wait for signs of stress on corals.

What I mean is, keep lowering nitrates until the corals act a bit strange.

Edit: phosphates
That sounds like a good plan every other day . I’ll check test tomorrow and see what happens Since I have low intensity in my tank the high nutrients are starting to brown out. There not brown brown but they do have lack of color

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That sounds like a good plan every other day . I’ll check test tomorrow and see what happens Since I have low intensity in my tank the high nutrients are starting to brown out. There not brown brown but they do have lack of color
If the corals are comfortable, no need to stop what you are doing.
Hopefully has phosphates start to lower, the goni opens up more. I do know they dislike the aiptasias.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the corals are comfortable, no need to stop what you are doing.
Hopefully has phosphates start to lower, the goni opens up more. I do know they dislike the aiptasias.
The spots I treated I don’t seem to see anymore aiptasia. The Goni looks stressed my lfs is giving Red Sea AB+ I don’t know if I should use it. Or I use it and dose nitrates I’m conflicted

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back